Whipple 5.0 vs KB Cobra

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
If you honestly think that a few simple mods will make a SN95 car handle as well as a new 2010+ Mustang then you are either ignorant, blind or stupid.

well, your right on a smooth track it doesn't matter that your rear axle in your car is the same thing that's underneath a Conestoga wagon.. BUT in the real world, where you do have to worry about things like hitting a pot hole or a hump in the road when your driving fast that solid rear axle can and has bit people HARD where even a "shitty" IRS like the SN95 Cobras have keeps them going straight..

now as to saying that the IRS in the SN95 Cobra can't handle.. 00 Cobra R..

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Get your panties all wadded that I prefer my L's behavior in a turn to my old 03 Cobra when it was both stock and modded, but I do, and my truck produces more grip. You want me to lie about it and say it doesn't when it in fact does? And just so you know both vehicles have a 57% front 43% rear weight distribution.(wonder what that Cobra weight distribution is with a SRA swap?) Google it if you don't believe that.(you ****ing know it all) If it makes you feel better I drove a Challenger R/T a few weeks ago and thought my L was a much better feeling handler than that car.
A simple k member change to coilovers makes a huge difference on the front weight of the Cobra. I remember reading its about 80lbs less weight up front.

Now comparing handling, I finally got to test drive a new 5.0 with the brembo package and I gotta say, my 335i feels a lot better and smoother. My 335i also has the M sports suspension. Does it really handle better? Seeing that the M3 has a hard time against one, my 335i will not stand a chance but it sure does feel like it. I feel safer in mine in pushing the throttle on a hard turn, can't say the same for the 5.0.

But just like a butt dyno, it "feels" better/faster but it doesn't mean it is.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Okay not many people are going to talk shit to someone with a 666 whp Terminator. That would be stupid unless they feel like getting egg in the face if they aren't working with a very fast car. Yes a modded Terminator is a more impressive car than a stock 5.0 under power. I felt a stock Coyote was more impressive than any stock Terminator I've ever driven though.

Enjoy your Terminator. They are very fun. Still they are not a better car than a new Mustang GT.

This could be true. :rolling: I don't mind the new 5.0 one bit. Jroc I see a lot of what you are saying. But man, the terminator is still one of the meanest cars ford has ever produced. The 5.0 is by no means a slouch but I think the problem a lot of us are having with is you won't give it the credit the terminator deserves. 5.0 deserves credit but it is hardly proven itself. Give it time and I hope it can produce the almost cult following of the terminator. These cars were produced for 2 years and they really shaped the way all sports cars are made today. Just ask chev:burn:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Smh at this never ending argument. Both cars get to 460Rwhp with minor bolt ons. They weigh about the same. In all honesty when the terminator first came out it cost about as much as a Coyote does now if I'm not mistaken. I would own both cars. We are on the same team. What the hell is the problem with you people and picking the best mustang whether it's cobra GT or GT500.

The Ford vs. Chevy rivalry should be never ending not Ford vs Ford. Well then again in recent events I can understand that Ford really has no competition with the newer model mustangs but I digress, stop this rumbas arguing. It's useless really because somebodies always faster.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread