Whipple 3.4L W210ax Kit for the 03-04 Cobra!!

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
whats the lowest amount of boost you can run with this blower??

The 4.00" upper I believe is about 20-21lbs

I think this means with the wagon wheel 4" its 20-21lbs of boost or as we can call it " pump gas gamble ".

I still want one. Anyone want a KB 2.8H less than 500 miles?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
oneoff said:
Jared,

Any plans for the 3.4L for 2v motors?

I don't think so but I could be wrong. My guess is based on the fact that there isn't even a standard kit available for the 2V from Whipple.

Hope that helps. Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mattmoto441 said:
whats the lowest amount of boost you can run with this blower??

However you want to pulley the blower is the amount you're going to see from it. In order to get less then 20lbs of boost you'll most likely need a smaller lower pulley which we have in the works. This will allow those that want less boost to run it without having to notch the hood for clearance of a larger upper.

Hope that helps. Jared

GodStang

Established Member
black03 said:
However you want to pulley the blower is the amount you're going to see from it. In order to get less then 20lbs of boost you'll most likely need a smaller lower pulley which we have in the works. This will allow those that want less boost to run it without having to notch the hood for clearance of a larger upper.

Hope that helps. Jared

Thats an awesome idea Jared. Way to come through for your customers again.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
black03 said:

Hope that helps. Jared

that what i was hoping to find out, i want to run 15-16psi

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There would be no reason what so ever to run 15-16 PSI on the 3.4L Blower. You would be better off getting the 2.3L blower and running that @ that boost level. I am not saying it cannot be done, but why spend the amount of money on the bigger blower if it's potential will not be met.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
2003Slobra said:
There would be no reason what so ever to run 15-16 PSI on the 3.4L Blower. You would be better off getting the 2.3L blower and running that @ that boost level. I am not saying it cannot be done, but why spend the amount of money on the bigger blower if it's potential will not be met.

with the extra volume of the blower you should be at 600ish hp @ 15-16psi

as for price its still cheaper then a KB

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
with the extra volume of the blower you should be at 600ish hp @ 15-16psi

as for price its still cheaper then a KB

Now I'm really confused... I was going with the 2.8H KB, but now I'm just not sure... :??:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
2003Slobra said:

I would like to run one at 17 to 19 psi on the street, and then swap pulleys for the track. I think it makes more sense to run the 3.4 at 17 to 19 psi for street duty, and then swap pulleys and tunes to run 25 to 30 psi at the track, than it does to do the same with a 2.3. Plus the 3.4 has a lot of room to grow......

That being said, I will likely be getting a 2.3 whipple since I will never need 30 psi boost :)

Last edited:

countrysvt

Established Member
well 4.0 upper/stock lower 19psi boost right, all i need is the mafia,ford gt pumps fpdm(dual) fuel rails what else and can i get a price list just bought the polished 3.4 for the 04 cobra. the only upgrades i have r bassani exhaust, 2.76 pulley and all pulleys billetflow, jlt cold air.
thanks
[email protected]
robbie

Last edited:

Jakeyboy696

Established Member
If i got a 3.4 whipple I already have 4# lower i have twin Ford GT pumps JLT intake with SCT 2600 MAF, ported plenum and TB with stage 2 ported heads, bored out to 284 with 8.2:1 compression CP pistons, has GT Super Car Cams with 60# injectors and Fore Fuel Rails. What is this set up capable with the 3.4 blower? I am maxed out on the posi ported eaton with 526rwtq. Also have 26 spline input shaft and a Spec 3+ clutch so i know the transmission will def handle the power. At 17psi currently. What kind of power would i be seeing with this set up using a 3.4 with a 3.75 upper? Estimates are welcome just curious of the capability and how tempted i am to eventually do this.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Should be in the 24 psi range with that pulley combo. You are going to have to upgrade your fuel system to support the power of that boost.

Jakeyboy696

Established Member
I have 60# injectors and a full fuel system already installed just need a return style or am i missing something else

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Your fuel system won't be sufficient for the power the 3.4 will make at 24 psi. You'll need to upgrade to 80 lb injectors and consider switching to a return fuel system as the GT's will be past maxed out and they are the cream of the crop for returnless pumps. Not only that, but you'll either need to run race gas or switch to E85 at that boost and power level.

Users who are viewing this thread