Whipple 2.3 Installed, 532 / 587 Dyno at FULL Temp Mustang Dyno

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Last week I drove 6 hours to get to Razors Edge Motorsports in Margate Florida where I spent the day with Tim and Paul of Razors Edge and Chris Johnson ( a good friend and owner of Superchips Custom Tuning ). Chris Johnson was doing the tune on the car. Tim and Paul meticulously installed the Whipple, the install and care of the car was top notch, second to none. Car covers were used, and all equipment installed was done so with aesthetics in mind without ANY prompting from me. Paul takes a lot of pride in his work.

The car is running at 17.5 pounds of boost, and Chris had the car tuned completely in 2 pulls. We made a third pull to add one degree of timing. The car was tuned ULTRA Conservatively as per my instructions, let me just state this before we go any further, I sacraficed a LOT of Dyno HP numbers to make the car as safe as possible. Also, the car was TUNED AT FULL OPERATING TEMPERATURE. This is a daily driver, I live in Florida, I want the car to show true accurate numbers of what it will do in the real world. Period. The numbers shown are from a Mustang Dynamometer, NOT a dynojet, therefore the conversion should be 10% to 15% higher to get the Dynojet numbers. I believe this would put it in the 605 / 610hp range as per Dynojet specs? I really dont know the answer to that one.

So with the car at its max running temperature, total heat soak ( no cool down on the final pull ), we pulled down 532hp / 587tq with the temperature gauge pointing straight up. I do not know what the conversion would be to a Dynojet, and with that said, I do not know what the conversion would be if we ran the car on a Dynojet with it completely cooled off. I suspect it would be dramatically different.

This car runs like an absolute animal. I managed to tangle with 3 people on the highway on the drive home, wide open area, nothing but trees around for the record. The closest car was about 20+ car lengths back within a few seconds, and I did nothing more that just press the gas in sixth gear only. I never downshifted on any occasion.

Many thanks to Paul, Tim, and Chris Johnson. Keith is a great mechanic there, and REALLY knows his stuff. I am now compiling a mini video of the processes that occured while there, and am attaching some of the dyno information as well.

Would I recommend the Whipple to other Cobra owners? You Better Believe It...

1st and Second gear... gone, forget about it. 3rd is like a stock cobras first gear on steroids, 4th is the never ending bye bye Z06 gear ( exaggerant explanation but fun none the less ). Fifth and Sixth are great highway gears, and they work wonders for killing ricers and imports by a few dozen car lengths with nothing more than a slight press on the gas pedal. Vector, and Wilson knows what I mean about that ;)

Ok, as for the mods, that same day Razors Edge installed the following:
  • 60lb injectors from Performance Fuel Systems ( Alan Kennedy had those injectors flowed and matched prior to installing them ). The highest 2 flowing injectors went to pistons 7 and 8
  • Accufab Throttle Body
  • MSD Boost A Pump
  • NGK TR6's ( .28 gap )
  • Superchips Custom Tuning "Big Air" MAF
  • Superchips Custom Tune by Chris Johnson

Dyno2.jpg

Last edited:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Stock pumps. So any recommendations on the whole Aviator / Focus twin pump stuff? I am going to upgrade the pumps, and add the Gords Ford Heat Exchanger.

But the pumps to use have me at a loss.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! And those numbers are on a Mustang dyno. Would have been even higher on a Dynojet. Congrats!

As far as fuel pumps, at your level I'd personally recommend the Aviator pump over the Focus pumps. I was running twin Focus pumps but I've got to honest that I was always gunshy with them. I've also heard of a few Focus pumps dying. So.....better safe than sorry. JMO.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I have aviatorpumps....they cost about 165 ish for each pump

anychance you can get that car on a dynojet? might as well be speaking german with a mustang dyno

sjw985

Established Member
Rev,

Sounds awesome - may I ask how much that full setup set you back? I need to budget for when my warranty runs out. ;)

Also are you still running the stock tranny & clutch?

Griffin

Established Member
Not trying to knock your numbers at all, but I dyno'd at REM before I added my setup a while back and made 420/480. Two days later I took it to a Dyno Jet to have Willy from Diablo tune it and I made the same exact numbers.

Might want to take it to a Dyno Jet to see what it is making just to be safe. I know Paul and Tim very well, so I am not trying to knock REM at all, just saying I found a big discrepancy with their MD.

Hope everything works out for you....:beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Please tell me this ain't the same "rev" that rips off peoples web sites and car parts for services not rendered? Can't be, the one I'm thinking off is toothless and tatooed.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by DaleM
Please tell me this ain't the same "rev" that rips off peoples web sites and car parts for services not rendered? Can't be, the one I'm thinking off is toothless and tatooed.
thats him.:lol:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
DaleM, that would be what people say about me. Toothless, yes I got in an accident at a very high rate of speed some time ago, lost 7 teeth, extremely painful. Tatooed, slightly.

As for ripping people off, not sure what to tell you. Had some people that wanted my company to do some work for them, then they didnt want to pay. I have been itching for quite some time about that whole story, and man, when its time all the truth will surface on that one ;)

Things are not always what they seem.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Dgussin, doesnt like me because he was trying to pre-sell Whipples, and could not get the line. I exposed it, and hes not liked me ever since? Dunno, but, thats how it goes I guess.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
If people truly want the ENTIRE story, I will be glad to sit down, write it out on our site once and for all. And believe you me, it will be a lot different from what you may or may not have been told.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Tell you what, a lot of you I do like, but I just got off the phone with Jay, Mike, Barry, Glynn, Superchips, Richard, Amazon, and a few others. We are going to set the story straight on this once and for all. I will post a link to it.

Griffin, thanks for the advice bro.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Rev
Dgussin, doesnt like me because he was trying to pre-sell Whipples, and could not get the line. I exposed it, and hes not liked me ever since? Dunno, but, thats how it goes I guess.
I have nothing against you...I just think you're an ass for trying to mess with my income by telling everyone that I was a fraud. Then you went to your buddies at REM and told them that I was planning on underselling them, and they called whipple and aquired an exclusive contract to get the 03-04 supercharger; leaving me in the dark and not even being able to purchase my own whipple supercharger, unless I wanted to get it from REM, and I didn't want to do that. SO now I have a KB, and couldn't be happier.:bored:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dgussin,
These guys are linked? Yuk, I was talking to mj about getting a Whipple from REM, even got Tim's number? Crap, I think I can go direct to Whipple or end up @ KB myself.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by DaleM
Dgussin,
These guys are linked? Yuk, I was talking to mj about getting a Whipple from REM, even got Tim's number? Crap, I think I can go direct to Whipple or end up @ KB myself.
they are buds...and you can't go direct. You CAN only get the from REM.

Users who are viewing this thread