whining noise,,,,,not blower?

bhollie

Established Member
I can hear a slight whining sound when Im accelerating in any gear. it sounds like a blower whine but a little louder, im thinking maybe throwout bearing???
it all of a sudden stops at around 300 rpm in each gear as well, then i can still hear the blower whine as a seperate sound so i know its not that. i thought it might have been something to do with switching to a non-slip pulley like the belt was gripping more at that rpm and wasnt as loud. never heard it before, maybe just coincidence.
im leaning twords the tranny or throwout bearing/syncros, etc.
any ideas??? thanks.

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

and the "me" is supposed to be a "be" geez Im tired,,,,,,moved furniture all day, sorry. :rollseyes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My transmission used to whine a bit but I don't remember at what rpm it would disappear. Seems to me it was around 2000 rpms or so.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
bhollie

I cant help you with your problem, although there is an edit button so you don't have to make a new post correcting the new one. It's right below the post on the right. The button looks something like this.
edit.gif

ModsAway

Established Member
Sounds like this are so hard to diagnose without actually hearing it for yourself and pinpointing where it may be coming from.

It is possibly transmission noise though, especially if you have an aftermarket shifter. After installing my Pro 5.0 I can hear transmission noise within the first 1000-2or3000rpm at which point the exhaust drowns everything out.

Users who are viewing this thread