Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Magnaflow Catted X

Votes: 69 42.3%
  • Magnaflow O/R X

Votes: 37 22.7%

• Total voters

04MC

Established Member
If you want the partial throttle blap (harley sound) go with the above if you don't get a catted x pipe.

f2hatch

Established Member
i have a o/r upr x and magnaflow cat back i like the way it sounds. go to the sound board and hear it thats how i made my choice.

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I have a upr o/r x with magnaflow catback, sounds great I get compliments all the time. Its not too loud under 3k but after that it sounds like its trying to take over the world.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I have longtubes, ORX, and Magnaflows....it sounds sick!!! Nice rumble at idle and cruising, hit the skinny pedal and it just screams (it's pretty loud if that's a concern)!!! I previously had the catted X and I realy liked it too. It is tough to pick between the two but I just left the ORX on....it scares people when to get on it and go screaming down the road through the gears!!! I don't think you can go wrong with Magnaflow, it's just down to personal preference and what you like.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I use to have o/r x with magnaflows than switched to o/r h. H-pipe sounded way better than the x pipe, x was too raspy. I would never put a x-pipe on my car again. Go with catted h-pipe you well like it.

abs

Established Member
I currently have a Magnaflow Catback on mine at the moment, the rest stock. I have a Magnaflow X that I haven't installed yet. Should I expect it to sound a little raspier and louder? Just debating on leaving it as is or adding the X to it. I really like the sound at the moment so I don't wanna mess up a good thing!

OmahaStang

Established Member
O/R X for sure what model/style I would go for where you can save the most $$

I purchased a used UPR O/R X pipe and love it. Prior to it I had an O/R Mac H pipe and HATED IT!! You will need MILs with the O/R X pipe. (unless you have a tune/programmer)

**edited** FYI i have the magnaflow exhaust on it too. H pipes reminded me to much of a harley and or a 1980's truck with glass packs on it.

Last edited:

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
I have the bbk off road x,love it. No reason to spend big bucks on an offroad x,its just pipes with flanges. But if you go catted go magnaflow.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Well I voted on this poll a while back and voted for the magnaflow catted x due to it being designed to go with their cat back. But since then I found a deal in my bassani catted x and was a little worried about rasp, but let me tell you it sounds great. Not too loud, not raspy, no popping on decel (very little), it sounds just right aI think. It is a little more high pitched due to the x but I love it.

I plan to post up a sound clip if I can borrow someones camera at some point since there is no clip of this combination in the sticky above.

Termilvr

Established Member
vrs catless x pipe (same style as upr but polished stainless) it sound perfect, tame at idle, tame under normal driving, and a smooth sounding monster under wot!

Slow99x

Established Member
I have a UPR O/R X with Magnaflows and I love it but my kids still complain that it's too loud for them. It doesn't drone at all on the highway and it sounds great at WOT.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
Im ran the Magnaflow catted x with the Magnaflow catback and HATED it! It was whisper quiet. I immediatley bought a UPR off road x and now I love the sound of my Cobra. Aggressive but not annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread