Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

• 2017 Camaro ZL1

Votes: 62 47.0%
  • 2017 Shelby GT350

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Neither, get a new Corvette Grand Sport

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Performance wise ZL1. I think the GT350 looks better than the ZL1 but given the two probably ZL1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck trying to test drive either one of those, especially the 350s.... those things are treated as if they were Ferraris, hence the ridiculous mark ups. Maybe with the ZL1 you have a chance.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love them both, but I have a thing for the GT350.
I'm in your camp. I almost bought a '17 Camaro SS, so it would seem that I'd want the '17 ZL-1. And it's a monster on the street. But there is just something about the GT-350 that intrigues me big time. So although the straight line performance of the ZL-1 is a step above the GT-350, I'd prefer the GT-350. The Shelby is the only '17 Mustang that I'd want to own. Ford hit a home run with the GT-350 IMO. I really like it a lot! :)

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Good luck trying to test drive either one of those, especially the 350s.... those things are treated as if they were Ferraris, hence the ridiculous mark ups. Maybe with the ZL1 you have a chance.
It took a few dealers but I got a test drive in one. It really sold me.

The GT350 I test drove was the dealer's demo(sales manager)

fangstang

Established Member

I know, its crazy. Ford dealers really do suck. Maybe I'll be able to test a used one. Its just that there arent any near me at the moment. I have time anyway.

fangstang

Established Member
Performance wise ZL1. I think the GT350 looks better than the ZL1 but given the two probably ZL1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall, I think the GT30 looks better too. Its a more cohesive design. It looks great from every angle. The ZL1 looks menacing from the front and I love the side profile. Its the rear that I'm not a fan of. A little too bland. Like I said, its a coin toss for me at this point. I wish I could get both. The test drive, price on my trade, and price on the car itself is gonna determine which I choose. I'll be happy either way.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Do we even know how well the zl1 performs? There is still question about the 29 ring time. Rumors around Detroit says the oem zl1 would not run that time or even come close.

We get it dude. You despise anything GM (which is perfectly fine).

Just state your POV and leave it be. Stop pissing in the Cheerios in every Ford vs. GM thread.

If you don't really believe that the ZL1 will destroy the 350 is virtually every single performance metric, you need to take off those Blue glasses.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I know, its crazy. Ford dealers really do suck. Maybe I'll be able to test a used one. Its just that there arent any near me at the moment. I have time anyway.

Definitely do that. I was lucky enough to come across a dealer that had a used one on their lot. Manager came out himself and asked if I wanted to drive it. Couldnt believe it. Got to take if for a spin and to me, it is THE best handling car I have ever drove (have not driven a 6g 1le ss or zl1 yet). It felt like what I imagine a Porsche GT3 RS would feel like. Almost bought it, but unfortunately even on a used one, they still had it marked up 5k+ over sticker.

This was when I was driving my 5g 1le ss (which was another badass handling machine).

IMG_4813.JPG

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
ZL1.

Personally, I chose the 2013 GT500 over the GT350 because I wanted a high hp blown V8 car, plus handling isn't a high priority for me. But the new ZL1 can do both even better than the 350, so easy choice there IMO.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Definitely do that. I was lucky enough to come across a dealer that had a used one on their lot. Manager came out himself and asked if I wanted to drive it. Couldnt believe it. Got to take if for a spin and to me, it is THE best handling car I have ever drove (have not driven a 6g 1le ss or zl1 yet). It felt like what I imagine a Porsche GT3 RS would feel like. Almost bought it, but unfortunately even on a used one, they still had it marked up 5k+ over sticker.

This was when I was driving my 5g 1le ss (which was another badass handling machine).

View attachment 85409
If only the GT350 was lighter, I bet it would be a bad ass race if it weighed the same as the C7 GS.

Good time to be a car guy, now if dodge also had a muscle car that can handle and bring a fight to GM and Ford..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If only the GT350 was lighter, I bet it would be a bad ass race if it weighed the same as the C7 GS.

Good time to be a car guy, now if dodge also had a muscle car that can handle and bring a fight to GM and Ford..

If the 350 was c6z06 weight, it would be one bad mofo in straighline performance as well.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm in your camp. I almost bought a '17 Camaro SS, so it would seem that I'd want the '17 ZL-1. And it's a monster on the street. But there is just something about the GT-350 that intrigues me big time. So although the straight line performance of the ZL-1 is a step above the GT-350, I'd prefer the GT-350. The Shelby is the only '17 Mustang that I'd want to own. Ford hit a home run with the GT-350 IMO. I really like it a lot! :)

I am seriously obsessed with a black GT350. Looks so sinister.

If my Boss wasn't just starting to hit the sweet spot with mods I would be looking to trade for one now that I just got a promotion.

fangstang

Established Member
the zl1 is uglier than my diarrhea

have you considered a viper ?

I have. I always loved the Viper since day 1. I would only get the current gen. though. I dont think they're in my price range..

nxhappy

Established Member
shit, if you can afford a ZL1, you can afford a Viper hahaha

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I did a quick search around... There are several Chevy dealers offering the ZL1 well below sticker with very few Ford dealers even discounting the GT350 at all..... Imo if you can get a new ZL1 for sub-60k (saw a few dealers at 7k+ off) that's the way to go. To be honest it's got me even thinking.... Just not in the budget to throw more money at the extra cars....

fangstang

Established Member
I did a quick search around... There are several Chevy dealers offering the ZL1 well below sticker with very few Ford dealers even discounting the GT350 at all..... Imo if you can get a new ZL1 for sub-60k (saw a few dealers at 7k+ off) that's the way to go. To be honest it's got me even thinking.... Just not in the budget to throw more money at the extra cars....

Thats the plan. I'm gonna be patient and do my homework and find a dealer with a good discount on either car. The '18's are right around the corner for both cars. It should drive the prices even further down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread