Which tuner to use?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I emailed and Pmed BBR, nothing, went with VMP, now after 5 days I ain't heard a word from Justin...
Just looking to get my $$ back at this point

I should have went with Lethal and Lund.

I will gladly refund your money. I feel you are being very unreasonable. I receive an email from you last night and promptly replied this morning. You posted on the forum about right after you sent me the email last night, giving me no time to respond or try to help you.

It is clearly stated on my website that custom tunes take 5-10 days under normal circumstances. It has also been on my website that I was out last week due to the birth of my daughter.

When you order a custom tune, you are not ordering an off the shelf item. The tuner, myself in this case, has to look at your order, build the tune, load it onto the tuner, and ship it. Also, If you want your car to run well, it should not be rushed.

I am happy to bend over backwards for my customers whenever possible, by getting orders out sooner, all you have to do is ask. Your order would have been shipped later this week anyways.

scotmach

Established Member
I did a lot of research and finally settled on Justin @ VMP and couldn't be happier. No fuss no muss. Car performs very well and has perfect driveability. I couldn't be happier. When I ordered my tune from Justin he was away racing but in an email to me said he would get it out in a few days. Two weeks later I hadn't received anything and emailed him again and he apologized and overnighted it to me even though I wasn't in a big hurry. That's good customer service. But again I want to reiterate the most important thing is the tune performs admirably.

scotmach

Established Member
I emailed and Pmed BBR, nothing, went with VMP, now after 5 days I ain't heard a word from Justin...
Just looking to get my $$ back at this point

I should have went with Lethal and Lund.

It clearly says on their website Justin would be away due to the birth of their third child. Cut him some slack.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I did a lot of research and finally settled on Justin @ VMP and couldn't be happier. No fuss no muss. Car performs very well and has perfect driveability. I couldn't be happier. When I ordered my tune from Justin he was away racing but in an email to me said he would get it out in a few days. Two weeks later I hadn't received anything and emailed him again and he apologized and overnighted it to me even though I wasn't in a big hurry. That's good customer service. But again I want to reiterate the most important thing is the tune performs admirably.

Good pick! I have a BBR and VMP tune and both are great tunes with different ways of performing.

Presbycusis

Established Member
Personally, I feel that if one can spend $30g on a new Mustang and also afford to mod it then you should go and get an actual dyno tune. When I was modding my Vette, there was no way that I'd do initial tuning through email. And every time I added a mod I would take the time to drive back to the shop for a dyno tune.

So does anyone know where a good place to get a Dyno tune in Indianapolis/Central Indiana area is?

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I will gladly refund your money. I feel you are being very unreasonable. I receive an email from you last night and promptly replied this morning. You posted on the forum about right after you sent me the email last night, giving me no time to respond or try to help you.

It is clearly stated on my website that custom tunes take 5-10 days under normal circumstances. It has also been on my website that I was out last week due to the birth of my daughter.

When you order a custom tune, you are not ordering an off the shelf item. The tuner, myself in this case, has to look at your order, build the tune, load it onto the tuner, and ship it. Also, If you want your car to run well, it should not be rushed.

I am happy to bend over backwards for my customers whenever possible, by getting orders out sooner, all you have to do is ask. Your order would have been shipped later this week anyways.

OK.

What happened was the return emails went to my trash mail for some reason, and I could not read/find them on my Droid, I got on a laptop and was able to find them.

I overlooked the the birth of your daughter too

Now I really feel like an ass :xpl:

I apologize to Justin.

Impetuous

Established Member
OK.

What happened was the return emails went to my trash mail for some reason, and I could not read/find them on my Droid, I got on a laptop and was able to find them.

I overlooked the the birth of your daughter too

Now I really feel like an ass :xpl:

I apologize to Justin.

It's worth the wait...believe me. :beer:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
It's worth the wait...believe me. :beer:

Well, it wasn't the wait, I have no problem waiting the 5-10days.

It's just that I heard nothing back, because all VMPs emails went to the wrong folder..damn Droids! :bash:

I should just go old school and use the phone from now on!

Last edited:

Impetuous

Established Member
I know man, emails some time are a PITA! I had some problems communicating with him as well but at the end everything worked out the way I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread