Which tuner to use?

Presbycusis

Established Member
Just out of curiosity... What are the best tuners out there right now and what are the advantages/disadvantages of the top ones?

Any problems after tuning?

I hear that they have specific tunes for 87, and 91 octane. What about 93 like the V-power and Shell? I know if you have a set up for a particular octane that is what you should use to avoid problems.

If you revert to stock tune before taking your car in can the technicians tell i.e. have you warranty voided?

Thanks.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
I know this sounds crazy but I have tried 3 different tuners. Bama, BBR, and Jon Lund all 93 tunes. My favorite is the BBR tune. The driveability is great and I have the best 1/4 times with their tune, but it is idled a little high 750rpm is as low as it will alow, so I have to hold the brake a little harder a stop light. Very minor issue though.
The Bama tune driveability wasn't good and it would surge alot a low rpm and shifted way to hard for normal driving. I called them and after being on hold for an hour I left a message and they called me back the next day. They sent me a new tune with the transmission back to stock but I still had the surging issue in between shifts.
The Lund tune is alot better than bama but the shifts are still a little too hard for my liking and I can feel the surge issue a little right after it shifts. I really love the low idle in the lund tune.
I have not tried sending any of the tuners a datalog so that they could make adjustments for me. I wish I could take pieces of them all and make my own tune. I really respect them all and have heard good things about all of them I am just giving my experiences. I am sure any of them can give you what you want I am just lazy and don't want to bother them with sending them datalogs.

Bad Intention

Established Member
There many good tuners. Best advise is call and speak with them. explain what your expectations are. The is email tunes ,Remote tunning and dyno tunning. they can create tune for what ever octane you plan on using.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I know this sounds crazy but I have tried 3 different tuners. Bama, BBR, and Jon Lund all 93 tunes. My favorite is the BBR tune. The driveability is great and I have the best 1/4 times with their tune, but it is idled a little high 750rpm is as low as it will alow, so I have to hold the brake a little harder a stop light. Very minor issue though.

You know you can change that yourself right? Under parameter options you can change the idle speed drive and idle speed neutral. Mine is set at 600 and 650 respectively. That goes for my BBR and VMP tune.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Look into Shaun at AED. Very good tuner and tune. He will always get back to you and answer all questions in depth. Tunes are very safe and drivability is second to none as i have tried several tunes.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
You know you can change that yourself right? Under parameter options you can change the idle speed drive and idle speed neutral. Mine is set at 600 and 650 respectively. That goes for my BBR and VMP tune.

I know how to change it but it will only go to 750.

time capsule

Established Member
I emailed and Pmed BBR, nothing, went with VMP, now after 5 days I ain't heard a word from Justin...
Just looking to get my $$ back at this point

I should have went with Lethal and Lund.

BBR was away at the race in Bowling Green since Thursday. I would advise to call them today at 561-417-5555. I'm sure that they will take care of you. As far as the pm on the forum that they did not reply to is because one of there key guys is out on leave because of an operation. If you do get there tune you will be happy. They are good people!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I emailed and Pmed BBR, nothing, went with VMP, now after 5 days I ain't heard a word from Justin...
Just looking to get my $$ back at this point

I should have went with Lethal and Lund.

Hey man, we have been out of the office since last Wednesday. John and myself are the only 2 that monitor this forum. With prepping for NMRA the last 2 weeks, I have not been on the forums as much and John had hip surgery 2 weeks ago so he has been out. I would gladly help you out getting you a tune. Please shoot me a call today and I will personally make sure you see it by noon today 10-5-11

cheers :beer:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Just out of curiosity... What are the best tuners out there right now and what are the advantages/disadvantages of the top ones?

Any problems after tuning?

I hear that they have specific tunes for 87, and 91 octane. What about 93 like the V-power and Shell? I know if you have a set up for a particular octane that is what you should use to avoid problems.

If you revert to stock tune before taking your car in can the technicians tell i.e. have you warranty voided?

Thanks.

Shell is actually not that good for cars. The additive they put in it will actually junk your valves (this happened to me) I used nothing but shell for 2 months. Car started lean popping. Pulled the heads off and the valves were covered in gunk. Had to have the valves and heads cleaned. Havent used shell since and it's been 2 years. I've also seen a lot of people hearing pinging sounds when using shell.

But if you have any questions, please feel free to shoot us a call 561-417-5555

ViciousJay

Established Member
Hey man, we have been out of the office since last Wednesday. John and myself are the only 2 that monitor this forum. With prepping for NMRA the last 2 weeks, I have not been on the forums as much and John had hip surgery 2 weeks ago so he has been out. I would gladly help you out getting you a tune. Please shoot me a call today and I will personally make sure you see it by noon today 10-5-11

cheers :beer:

Hey guys, not trying to tick anyone off but i think alot of these company's need to hire someone who stays around. I can say as customer it pisses me off to no end when i hear ohhh they will be out for a week. So i wait and then order something, it goes by smooth and then in a couple months i call back to get something else and again people that get the stuff done thats needed are gone again. I can say from a standpoint it can be very frustrating. This IS NOT DIRECTED AT BBR but more or less every sponsor

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
The Bama tune driveability wasn't good and it would surge alot a low rpm and shifted way to hard for normal driving. I called them and after being on hold for an hour I left a message and they called me back the next day. They sent me a new tune with the transmission back to stock but I still had the surging issue in between shifts.
The Lund tune is alot better than bama but the shifts are still a little too hard for my liking and I can feel the surge issue a little right after it shifts. I really love the low idle in the lund tune.
I have not tried sending any of the tuners a datalog so that they could make adjustments for me. I wish I could take pieces of them all and make my own tune. I really respect them all and have heard good things about all of them I am just giving my experiences. I am sure any of them can give you what you want I am just lazy and don't want to bother them with sending them datalogs.

Am going to have to concur here too...i have also tried those 3 tunes and BBR is by far my favorite with BAMA 2nd and lund 3rd. BBR has great CS and the tune hauls ass, BAMA also has great CS and the tune is very good, Lund has piss poor shitty CS but the tune was good, a little tame for my taste

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys, not trying to tick anyone off but i think alot of these company's need to hire someone who stays around. I can say as customer it pisses me off to no end when i hear ohhh they will be out for a week. So i wait and then order something, it goes by smooth and then in a couple months i call back to get something else and again people that get the stuff done thats needed are gone again. I can say from a standpoint it can be very frustrating. This IS NOT DIRECTED AT BBR but more or less every sponsor

We're open all of the time so there's no issues here. If you need something just give us a call. Someone will always answer the phone during business hours or reply your email in a timely manor. The only time we don't answer the phone is over the weekend and during lunch on Friday as we take the staff out for lunch.

Jared

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
There many good tuners. Best advise is call and speak with them. explain what your expectations are. The is email tunes ,Remote tunning and dyno tunning. they can create tune for what ever octane you plan on using.

I agree. Talk to them one on one.

I would be happy to have Rick give you a call to discuss your tuning options if you want to PM your # to me.

He has tuned quite a few of the 2011-2012s and we have a customer base that is growing rapidly.

check out Contact us in Anderson, South Carolina, for performance auto parts, performance chips, and Dyno Tuning - Home for his background and qualifications.

Last edited:

Loosescrews

Established Member
Personally, I feel that if one can spend $30g on a new Mustang and also afford to mod it then you should go and get an actual dyno tune. When I was modding my Vette, there was no way that I'd do initial tuning through email. And every time I added a mod I would take the time to drive back to the shop for a dyno tune.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

Where in SC are you located? We are in Anderson SC.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Personally, I feel that if one can spend $30g on a new Mustang and also afford to mod it then you should go and get an actual dyno tune. When I was modding my Vette, there was no way that I'd do initial tuning through email. And every time I added a mod I would take the time to drive back to the shop for a dyno tune.
e tuning has come along way with the tech available to the end users but it still takes patience and effort so e tuning is not going to be for everyone.
It is always good to have more than one option for tuning.Not everyone has access to a good dyno tuner. If you choose a reputable e tuner there is nothing to fear from getting an e tune done.

Users who are viewing this thread