Which throttle body?

Brickell gt500

Established Member
With three major options out there presently, I was looking for a definitive answer on which one to get: 65mm, 67mm, or mono?

I haven't seen anyone post anything about a mono in a long time. Have the reliability issues been fixed?

I plan to have the car dyno tuned. The only other mod is a off road x pipe. I plan to do a upper pulley in conjunction with the tb.

Thanks for your answers

Ky GT500

Established Member
Loving the FRPP 65mm that I got with the 13-6. Very smooth, responsive, pleasure to drive. Can't speak for the others.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'd love to go with the oval if I could be sure the gremlins wern't still an issue. I don't think I ever saw enough of a consensus from various owners to really know what was up.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Which is exactly why we brought out the VMP Tuning Twin Jet 67mm. Within 50 cfm of the CJmono with none of the bad habits.

We're ordering another shipment soon because the first one is almost gone after 2 weeks!

$629

Vmptuning.com

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Had the twin 65mm, mfg. by Accufab, no driving issues.
Have the mono-blade, mfg. by Accufab, no driving issues.
I think the bad press the mono-blade gets is because of the Whipple unit, which the co. doesn't recommend for street use. ( although they are used successfully on the street )
The threads where there were issues with the FRPP mono, in most instances, were tune related.
Both VMP & Lethal are located in Fla., either shop should be able to tune the mono-blade.

Van@RevanRacing

The SCJ Oval issues have been addressed and corrected. There were a number that were having an issue where the blade was chattering on the inside of the bore after the car got hot. As much as I love the Oval I'm still sticking with the Dual 65MM for the time being.

qachargh

Established Member
My monoblade could never get working properly. Had it tuned locally and then Lund tuned. It went back to Accufab twice for machining on the blade and replacement of the gears before they sent it to Lund for testing. He could never replicate my problems despite our running the exact same parts and tunes. Accufab eventually got so tired of talking to me they warrantied it by giving me a dual 65. I wish it could have gotten figured out because I prefer the monoblade's driveability to the dual 65.

So I guess my 2 cents is only get the monoblade if you are fine with the thought of paying for a 2nd throttle body and tune. If it works properly you will be glad you bought one. If it doesn't you will quickly come to rue the day you were born.

2nd piece of advice, when you get it on the car don't stray too far from the house or sit in traffic until you have let it run for at least an hour and are sure everything works properly.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
If it were me, I'd do a twin 65mm CJ throttle body if I have the 2.3 TVS blower. If it flows enough for one of those beasts (the TVS Cobra Jets), it certainly flows enough for my TVS street car...

Brickell gt500

Established Member
Update:

VMP pulley gave me a 40 lbs in tq then installed the
VMP 67 which gave me 35 hp!!

The mods on the car before: air aide filter, carbon fiber tube, off road x pipe (blow by racing) with dyno tune done by BBR as well.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Update:

VMP pulley gave me a 40 lbs in tq then installed the
VMP 67 which gave me 35 hp!!

The mods on the car before: air aide filter, carbon fiber tube, off road x pipe (blow by racing) with dyno tune done by BBR as well.

Nice! Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread