Which TB with Apten?

boomer003

Established Member
I am getting ready to send my Eaton off to Apten and wanted to know if I should change the Throttle Body. I will be running the 2.8 DUB, CAI, Borla Stinger and Predator. If I need to change the TB, which is the best for this application? Thanks for your imput.

ALA G8R

Banned
You can't go wrong with either the Accufab or BilletFlow. Both flow about the same. There is a used Accufab TB and plenum for sale over on the Market.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Why Doug? :lol1: :lol1:

cuz it flows more then ANY other TB and looks better then ANY other TB and ours is designed specifically for the 03-04 SVT Cobra:rockon:

Rwick7

Established Member
I saw -10 rwtq across the board when we tried the Accufab, on my car testing the first ported apten blower. We did see a 3 hp gain though :(

ak_cobra

Established Member
i plan on ordering a billetflow one this summer, just seems to be the highest quality one around. as soon as i cansave up enough cash to get one i'm all over it!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
cuz it flows more then ANY other TB and looks better then ANY other TB and ours is designed specifically for the 03-04 SVT Cobra:rockon:

Ha! No way should Doug be allowed to get away with this, he is totally one-sided in his opinion about this subject.

I, on the other hand, am completely impartial and trustworthy because I GOT BILLET

Sorry bud, had to call you out there.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Postban

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid84/pa2994ad5d61c2016731d011bc49466b7/facaa50f.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.imagestation.com Port 80

DSCF0004.JPG

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
I saw -10 rwtq across the board when we tried the Accufab, on my car testing the first ported apten blower. We did see a 3 hp gain though :(

I ported my stock Throttle body and also lost 6rwtq and HP #'s were just about the same "down 1 horsepower". It indeed lost some tq, not sure why. I know this is even close to comparing vs a accufab or billetflow, just sharing my experience.

Comparing my previous graph of 474/492tq SAE vs 473/486 tq SAE with the stock ported TB. Where did the tq go??? You make the conclusion.

I partly draw that to make the same amount of HP with slightly less tq it may of helped some. The dyno, tune was the same, although the car was hotter on the ported pull

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by dougwg
You're so right. You should design one Doug. I'll bet it would be a surefired hit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread