Which springs.. supersport or racing???

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I hear its not a good idea to cut springs... noisy and the spring rate gets fubard, jjust go w/ the tight Race Springs and call it a day!

Eh. LOTS of people do it and have done it. Its not good but its not terrible in some cases. Its not really that bad if you just use it to get your judgement of height down and then buy actual springs or coilovers:rockon:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Had the lower ones and I hated them. Even with MM isos I scraped on EVERYTHING! Traded them for Steeda Sports....but as mentioned...cut them first. Linear springs are fine to cut. -Shane

Last edited:

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
ill ride on these cut springs and just see how they feel.. and ive been told since they are linear springs they still hold up even when cut. thanks for feedback fellas

CBrowning84

Established Member
I hear its not a good idea to cut springs... noisy and the spring rate gets fubard, jjust go w/ the tight Race Springs and call it a day!

It's a bad idea if your springs are progressive rate springs. Linear rate, like we have are fine. Might get a tad stiffer, but it won't be like those ghetto ricers with cut springs driving around bouncing around all over the place lol

Users who are viewing this thread