Which size resonators?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you sir. I'm only going for sound, I don't want/need more than 700rwhp for just a cruiser. Guess I'll swap the headers for just the H-pipe and make sure they hack an inch off so it's flush again.

No worries man, that's the great thing about the forums.
What exhaust mods do you have now?
I def wouldn't take headers off if you already have them.
-J

Ablaze

Established Member
I don't have any just yet. I'm waiting for my union to finalize my next contract so I can go on a spring shopping spree. I've just been narrowing down my mods in the meantime. I love the stock exhaust and only wish it was a little louder. Glad I came to this thread first before I went the wrong direction.

Sielmo

Established Member
I put headers and an X-pipe on my car and the rasp was something I could not live with, even with the factory resonators.

Welded some 18" Dynomax race bullets in place of the factory resonators and no more rasp. Problem solved.

I've got 18" glass packs installed, sounds better except under cold conditions/ heavy pedal. I've called SW and they havent done or thought of doing the Chambered Muffler option for the 2010 model. My local shop is calling for pricing and I may try this thanks to BiminiLX's idea. 30" should do the trick.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got 18" glass packs installed, sounds better except under cold conditions/ heavy pedal. I've called SW and they havent done or thought of doing the Chambered Muffler option for the 2010 model. My local shop is calling for pricing and I may try this thanks to BiminiLX's idea. 30" should do the trick.
I know there are minor differences between the 2010 and 2014, so I would hope it would be easy for you to adapt the retro chambered muffler they used in my kit for your car.
The videos they posted on their site and you tube for the '13-14 (my car is the one in the H-pipe vid) show the systems installed on the lift if it helps you visualize.
Good luck.
-J

efroeh

Established Member
This thread has me nervous about installing my ARH and off road H pipe now. How is the sound driving down the highway inside with windows up is it stupid loud or lots of drone?

Users who are viewing this thread