Which short block to get?

2001CobraDan

Established Member
Whats up guys, I have recently been told that the rod knock I have been hearing may have damaged my crankshaft in my 01 cobra. I have been told to just buy a short block and bolt all my accessories on it. Any suggestions on which short block is the best to buy? I have no idea which direction to go in? The car is supercharged with a D1 procharger so I want something thats all forged and a boost friendly compression ratio, 9.5:1 to 10:1. Thanks.

DRAGUL

Established Member
I showed mine there, and your car was the only other 01 cobra in silver. Just like mine so that is how I remembered it. I actually think I took a pic of it, I will have to look. I was looking at your car with the wife and said to her see we need more power. lol. Yeah it is a small world.

Sorry to hear about the engine. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
If you do not have a local shop you trust I would go with livernoise

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's your budget? Are you doing any of the work yourself? Like pulling the motor and re-installing it.

johnjon87

Established Member
I bought a forged short block from livernois it gets put in the car in a week.. I also have an aluminum block big bore 4.6 that would fit youre car. It uses custom pistons that changes the displacement to 5.0 anyways I have it brand new never used never assembled pm me if you may be intrested.. this is a race engine its what ford uses in the FR cammer!

thejib

Established Member
I bought a forged short block from livernois it gets put in the car in a week.. I also have an aluminum block big bore 4.6 that would fit youre car. It uses custom pistons that changes the displacement to 5.0 anyways I have it brand new never used never assembled pm me if you may be intrested.. this is a race engine its what ford uses in the FR cammer!

Pm sent

2001CobraDan

Established Member
What's your budget? Are you doing any of the work yourself? Like pulling the motor and re-installing it.

I am considering pulling the motor at home in my garage with the help of a friend who is a mechanic. I know I will save a lot of money this way, so all I will have to pay for is parts and machine work, or a whole shortblock. I am on sort of a limited budget, but am willing to pay to get it fixed the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread