Which rings??

torchanniv03

Established Member
I am just curious of everyones choice on the best rings to use?? Its a .30 over teksid block with a 5.0 stroker kit. It has Manley pistons with the tops and sides ceramic coated. Right now it has a ported blower and will have nitrous as well. I am thinking that the Hellfire rings are the ones to go with, but i am looking for that to either be confirmed, or which ones would be better to run. Thanks! :beer:

torchanniv03

Established Member
If you got the dough consider Tatal Seal rings. SS gapless top ring, iron second ring.

Where can i get these and how much do they run? I have some money invested in this build, so i def dont want to skimp out on some rings!! Summit i believe has the hellfire rings for around $160, so somewhere in that ballpark is what i was figuring.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Where can i get these and how much do they run? I have some money invested in this build, so i def dont want to skimp out on some rings!! Summit i believe has the hellfire rings for around $160, so somewhere in that ballpark is what i was figuring.

Total Seal gapless rings arn't cheap. Expect to pay between $350 and $400 for a set. Gapless are said to make a few more ponies over conventional gap rings. Call Pro Performance Parts at 954-491-6988

cobra=trouble

Established Member
my boss 50 block is at the m/shop right now getting alinebore checked and decks squared.

iam in the same boat on ring set. my eng builder said hell fire is the ring to go with .. dont get a cheapo plasma moly ring..one bad pull , and that ring is toast! s/s/rings or hell fire..iam still debating on my stroker big bore rotaion assy right now.

planning on have close to 700 rwhp if not more , stage 3 heads in the works the mild cams long tuber headders stinger cat back,and killer chiller unit.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
my boss 50 block is at the m/shop right now getting alinebore checked and decks squared.

iam in the same boat on ring set. my eng builder said hell fire is the ring to go with .. dont get a cheapo plasma moly ring..one bad pull , and that ring is toast! s/s/rings or hell fire..iam still debating on my stroker big bore rotaion assy right now.

planning on have close to 700 rwhp if not more , stage 3 heads in the works the mild cams long tuber headders stinger cat back,and killer chiller unit.
Yeah Not the preferred choice for 700+RW but installed right they suit me fine with 450 and Boost at the 12lb level!

torchanniv03

Established Member
I appreciate all the info guys!! :beer: Im gonna call and check on the total seal rings and see if i can get the ball rollin on this long drawn out project!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
you saying the hell fires are not for me?:shrug: or you ?
That other member replied to my post saying the Plasma Molys are junk and I said "Yeah probably Not the preferred choice for 25Lbs of Boost but they suit me fine!"
What do the Zollners come with in the stock 03-04 Longblock?

Users who are viewing this thread