Which Radiator?

03 Cobra

Established Member
I am buying a new radiator but not sure which one to buy. Right now im looking at the LFP Pro Comp Race Radiator 2003-04 Mustang Cobra or Fluidyne 03-04 Cobra Radiator. Is there any better then the two that im looking at? Any input is would be Great.

I am also going to get a new HE and im looking at the LFP Extreme Dual Pass Intercooler Heat Exchanger 2003-04 Cobra or GordsFord Heat Exchanger (Twin SPAL ready but will not be getting the fans yet due to $$$) or Fluidyne 03-04 Cobra Heat Exchanger. Any help would be great. And maybe like if you get the Gords HE it wont fit with the LFP radiator or something of that matter (kinda like this would be a better combo). Sorry for the repeated questions i know there is like a gazillion threads on this but i just cant decide. Whelp since im on a roll with repeated questions i got one more LOL. Cold air intake Fipk or JLT right now i got a steeda cai but it is messed up got dents and stuff so i need a new one. The only reason i had the steeda in the 1st place is a bud of mine had it on his car and got a new one and sold it to me really cheap. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I have a Fluidyne H/E & radiator. I got them from On3Motorsports.com, they give killer deals on Fluidyne.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have the LFP radiator, heat exchanger and intercooler tank.
They all work very well. Ths look and fitment is excellent.

Last edited:

03 Cobra

Established Member
Senkak

please correct me if im wrong but i thought the HE is the intercooler unless you are talking about the reservior. Sorry im new at all this stuff

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
I went with LFP.

123060.jpg

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
03 Cobra said:
please correct me if im wrong but i thought the HE is the intercooler unless you are talking about the reservior. Sorry im new at all this stuff

Oooppss. I meant intercooler tank, IE resevoir.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
the guys with the radiators, you notice that big of a temp difference?
I have noticed a huge difference. My temps are consistently half of what they where in the stock trim. I have done pretty much all of the cooling mods that are out there though.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
lfp race radiator, was easy install,its huge, worth it,very nice piece
afco dual pass h/e,similar to lfp,easy install,huge also
gords twin spal fan kit added to the dual pass h/e,a must have for drags, can sit in pits with motor off, while running the h/e pump and fans and icing her down at the same time.
gords h/e is not dual pass but is bigger than all of them by a little bit.
you can purchase the twin fan kit separately and add to any h/e
lfp h/e resevoir, a must have item
all these items made a big difference in recovery time to cool down,

Last edited:

03 Cobra

Established Member
THanks everyone

Ok Thanks everyone for your input/thoughts/opinions I went ahead and got the LFP HE & LFP Radiator and I also got the JLT RAI from Lethal Performance. :beer:

03 Cobra

Established Member
Thanks everyone

Ok Thanks everyone for your input/thoughts/opinions I went ahead and got the LFP HE & LFP Radiator and I also got the JLT RAI from Lethal Performance. :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
I have noticed a huge difference. My temps are consistently half of what they where in the stock trim. I have done pretty much all of the cooling mods that are out there though.

Umm... half? :dw: That would mean you're running something like 100-110*F coolant temps. I have every single cooling mod available and my car runs near the 180* themostat rating. That's about as cool as you want to run these engines. The HE and intercooler reservoir most definitely won't reduced IAT2 by anywhere near 50%. That all being said, cooling mods should be at the top of everyone's list and I fully promote them.

racebronco2

Established Member
Most of the cooling mods will allow you to run open track longer but in the summer time you will still go into limp mode. The only mod that actually reduced engine temps by 20 degrees is opening up the factory vents another two inches.

WDW MKR

Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Most of the cooling mods will allow you to run open track longer but in the summer time you will still go into limp mode. The only mod that actually reduced engine temps by 20 degrees is opening up the factory vents another two inches.

I think Shelby has now managed to run full sessions in the summer heat without going into limp mode. He is running all of the cooling system upgrades.

racebronco2

Established Member
i have not ran my car in the summer (temps get as high as 105 at willow springs) but since october i have been to about 5 track weekends and never has it ran any hotter then 210 degrees (while most of the other cobra's are running 20 degrees hotter then i). This summer i will swap hoods with a stock cobra to see if and when his car goes into limp mone.

Users who are viewing this thread