Which one is more gains

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I have a stock 2012 and looking to get into some of my first mods. I am looking to start by doing a 2.5" pulley, an idler, tune, and some cooling mods. My question in about the intake. Which would be more effective to change: The throttle body, or the CAI (assuming I will only do one).

Seeing the car comes from the factory with a CAI, I was thinking throttle body ... but I dont know. Anyone been down this road before?

Svt Shelby

Established Member
Plan out what you want from your car in the end not just today. it will save you time and money. When I bought my car I said It was fast enough and I would leave it alone , then maybe a pulley and not even 6 months later I find myself buying thousands of dollars in parts. I'm sure I'm not the only one lol. Once you get a taste of the potential power these cars have you will be buying more go fast parts

Van@RevanRacing

I have a stock 2012 and looking to get into some of my first mods. I am looking to start by doing a 2.5" pulley, an idler, tune, and some cooling mods. My question in about the intake. Which would be more effective to change: The throttle body, or the CAI (assuming I will only do one).

Seeing the car comes from the factory with a CAI, I was thinking throttle body ... but I dont know. Anyone been down this road before?

You will pick up a little with a larger CAI. However since the car comes with a CAI and you are not going to exceed 15 PSI of boost with the stock blower I would just do a tune, tuner, 2.5 Upper Pulley and 90 MM Idler and enjoy the new found power.

Then you can look at long term desire whether it be a Twin Screw like a Kenne Bell or a TVS.

Regardless, you don't need a throttle body or a CAI and you'll still be able to net close to 550+ on 93 pump gas with a tune and a pulley.

Van

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Looks like throttle body first. My idea is that I can surround the stock supercharger with all of these supporting mods for some extra gains, then when I am ready, I can swap it out and not need to buy all the supporting mods at that time. (we will see how long that last .. haha).

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Looks like throttle body first. My idea is that I can surround the stock supercharger with all of these supporting mods for some extra gains, then when I am ready, I can swap it out and not need to buy all the supporting mods at that time. (we will see how long that last .. haha).

This is the route I've taken, supporting mods first so when you bolt on the blower you can make big power. I'm just about out of supporting mods;-)

Users who are viewing this thread