Which oil weight with these mod

RAIDERS

Established Member
should I still stick with 5w20 Mobil 1 with Mobil 1 oil filter ?

Whipple 2.3
Meth inject
91 oct tune
With all support mod
Preview owner claim 580-600 hp

RAIDERS

Established Member
Crap I already bought 5 quart Mobil 1 5w20 and use it to top up half quart to bring to full mark , I was freak out when I saw it just right below half mark ( just got this cobra , and don't know any better ) half mark at dipstick mean full for these car .

hotcobra03

Established Member
Crap I already bought 5 quart Mobil 1 5w20 and use it to top up half quart to bring to full mark , I was freak out when I saw it just right below half mark ( just got this cobra , and don't know any better ) half mark at dipstick mean full for these car .
Dip stick isn't accurate. .

I've been using 7qrts since new..
I also measure what I remove to see how much is used..

413k now ...

Castrol gtx/ stp oil treatment every change

speedoflife

Established Member
6-7qts.
5w30.
3-7,000 miles.
Don't think about it too hard.

These cars get driven hard and get hot when that happens. The higher viscosity help protect the engine more, both in general and during extreme circumstances. I'm totally convinced that Ford ONLY changed to 5w20 for CAFE/fuel economy purposes. "Fuel economy purposes" and "Cobra" don't really belong in the same sentence, so I'll stick with protection and performance as my primary qualifiers for good engine oil.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Your location and weather conditions the car will see matters.....I'm in an area that will never see freezing conditions and even if it does dip below 32....the cars not coming out anyways. But it will get used in 100+ degree weather quite often. I have used either amsoil SS 5w30 or Mobil one XP 5w30 for every change. I also run E85 near 100% of the time, rarely run pump gas. I change the oil one time a year, maybe 1500 miles.

If I was in an area that saw sub 32 conditions frequently and the car was actually going to run in those conditions I'd consider sticking with the factory recommended 5w20 for the winter months, maybe switch to 5w30 for the summer.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_6077.PNG

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
yep stock clearance. i ran this on a supercharged g8 and also on my old cobra. its cheap and effective

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
also i use it on my daily 03 element with 225k and the valvetrain is quieter than using the oem requirement

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread