Which O/R pipe H or X pipe

upnorthguy

Established Member
I have a 2011 and have put a few things on this winter, tvs 2.6 15% lower,80lb injectors, BAP, 66 l&M. Thinking of staying with a H pipe (non catted) or is a X pipe. Which is one would makes more power. If I go with a H pipe what brand fits the best I don't want leaks or fitment problems.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
A x pipe will make a couple more hp but an hp will sound a little better. Your not going to notice 3hp so go for the best sound. X has a little rasp while h had a draper sound

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Just switched mine from an o/r x to an o/r h pipe because I keep hearing about how much better the h sounds. To be honest I miss the violent roar of the x, h has a nice muscle sound to it but I find it to be much quiter.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
X, and you can find good deals on here in the market section. If i was buying new i would go with Lethal's X. I run one on my coyote and it fit great.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a slightly used MRT catless H-pipe. Fit was no issue, quality piece.

fullboogie

Established Member
I ran Lethal's offroad H for about a year - it fits very nicely and is inexpensive.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a 2011 and have put a few things on this winter, tvs 2.6 15% lower,80lb injectors, BAP, 66 l&M. Thinking of staying with a H pipe (non catted) or is a X pipe. Which is one would makes more power. If I go with a H pipe what brand fits the best I don't want leaks or fitment problems.

For your 2011, we have 3 options for you (2 X pipes and 1 H). We have an aluminized X pipe that has been the most popular for a long time now, and we recently released T304 stainless steel X and H pipes for the 11+ Shelby. You can find them by clicking the link below...

Lethal Performance - Mid-Pipes - Exhaust - 2011-2012 - Ford SVT Shelby GT500 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

The X pipes typically give a more "exotic" sound, think NASCAR (that's what they use). The H will give the deeper, more muscle car sound at idle and part throttle. The power difference between the two is very minimal and could go either way depending on dyno and day. Just choose the one that makes the best sound to your ears. :beer:

djervin

Established Member
I went with the BBK catless x-pipe and am really happy with it. It fit great, sounds and looks great as well....

Users who are viewing this thread