Which kit car?

Sagittaria

Established Member
Just an update.. I went for option 3 with the bike. 2006 Ducati Sport Classic with 400 miles. Decided to wait a little bit and make sure I'm a little more established before opening up another big money pit :D

I appreciate all the advice and tips. The kit car will happen - just after I actually own some decent furniture... like a couch hah.

20150310_172614_zpsijowvo6a.jpg

20150310_172559_zps6achvafn.jpg

20150310_172625_zpshydtbljj.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Nice choice with the bike haha.

I've always thought about doing a kit car because it'd be cool to put together, but all the engineering work is basically done, you're just assembling an erector set and dealing with all the problems that come with using used parts.

I think the way I'd like to eventually go is to get a small car like an S2000 or BRZ and do an engine swap. Nothing crazy, the normal LS/T56 swap, maybe an '03 Cobra rear to handle the power too. Then you can either use a kit that is already made, or do all the engineering work yourself. Then you have all the parts that were designed and tested by actual vehicle manufacturers so you know they are legit, but put together in a way that you like.

jbs$

Established Member
The kit cat to buy is one that someone else has put together. This saves you a ton of money and time, especially if it is not quite finished.

Steve@Tasca

Nobody builds or buys a car like these because it's practical, either could be daily driven if you really, really wanted to.

If possible drive both or at least sit in them, I'm a big guy at 6'6" 225 lbs and I've sat in a couple Daytona reps and there's no way I'd want to drive one any distance at all. No clue about the GT-40 but I doubt I'd fit in that either. Who cares if it's "not real"? A real one would cost in the millions to buy and you'd be too scared to drive it.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread