Which K-member best fits my needs?

Drewzilla

Established Member
Couldnt really fit exactly what I wanted into the title of the post. I'm debating on starting a custom turbo setup but keeping it simple for the time being. I'm possibly going to start getting some parts that arent going to keep my car down very long right now and do what I can while staying with the eaton for a little while. What is a good K-member for clearance, fitment and for opening up some plumbing room down there? I'm not looking to spend lots of money if I dont have to but then again I dont want a piece of shit that I'm going to have to modify or hack the car up to get it to fit. I'm going to keep the stock headers for now and wrap that piping back up to the front of the car. Like I said, I'm keeping it simple for now with a very reasonable power goal and a budget. BTW I've not done tons of research on K-members and what is different about each one and so on. That's what you guys with experience are here for right :rolling: Thanks!

TRBO VNM

I have had good success with the UPR Kmember and a-arms. I have installed many and there are a lot out there with the hellion kits with no issue that I know of being reported.

others that kits are designed around are the MM(version made for hellion), D&D and I know there are a couple others. The PA Racing can be used and the PSR as well.

Drewzilla

Established Member
Yes I have really been leaning towards the MM K-member. Ive heard nothing but good things and while this is a budget build there are a few things that I'm not going to cheap out on if it might be a hassle down the road. What all is need to install the MM K-member? Not tools wise I just mean do I HAVE to get new control arms and a coil over setup or is that just optional? I'm really doing this for the sole reason of clearing up room under the engine. On mm's site they list an entire package for the front end and it's well over 2 grand. I didnt know if it was a must or just an optional upgrade for changing out the entire front suspension. I apprecaite the help!

Drewzilla

Established Member
TRBO VNM. I just checked out the UPR. The price is nice and you seem to have positive feedback. I might look into that as well. I'm wanting to go ahead and order something within the next couple of weeks so we'll see.

TRBO VNM

UPR is definitely cheaper than MM. If it were my car, I would go with the MM just because of the quality. The PSR is a nice looking piece and they posted pics on the other site unfinished and you can tell it is quality as well, but I already have the MM and am not certain the PSR would work with the hellion kit.

The MM will give you more room under the engine, but it is beefier than a lot of the other aftermarkets, so depending on your kit design, it might be tougher to design around it. MM worked with hellion to modify their K to work with the hellion. so they have 2 available. their standard and one for the hellion.

in terms of the a-arms and coilovers, I don't know if all the K's can accept stock arms.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Can you get the k-members powder coated? Dont mean to hi-jack the thread... Also ive heard with the MM kit you need to re-locate the oil filter. Is this true?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Can you get the k-members powder coated? Dont mean to hi-jack the thread... Also ive heard with the MM kit you need to re-locate the oil filter. Is this true?

all the K's that I know of come powdercoated already.

and yes on the MM, but that shouldn't be a concern at all.

fourvalvegt

Established Member
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67912
This is the only one i would run it takes 70lbs off of the front comes completely assembled with grade 8 hardware or better, cant remember off of the top of my head. does not require an oil filter relocation kit. i believe there is only a very minor modification made for the hellion kit and hellion has one of these at there facility for mock up because they may offer it as an option. its is the only k-member that offers any warranty and it is a 2 year free replacement warranty no matter how you break it if you can break it.

i have dealt with quite a few k members from kenny brown griggs maximum motorsports upr and dnd and this is the lightest and i believe the strongest one made so far if you have any questions give me a call at 602 321 8955 and ask for andy or dan just tell them andy sent you we will answer any questions you have regarding it

Do a search online for "Team Z" Suspension. They make some of the best stuff and offer it at great prices. Many of the turbo mustang guys are running their products for front and rear suspension and they offer some of the best products period. Great fitment, durability, and performance.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yes, the PSR K member kit is an excellent piece and possibly the highest quality out there. It's developers did extensive research with numerous other K members and perfected discovered flaws to come up with this model. Only "negative" if you want to call it that is price. It's nearly twice as much as the UPR kit and potential buyers will have to weigh that into their decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread