Which K.B. Blower???

bobafett

Established Member
OK so I've had my 04 Cobra for about two years now and the time has come to mod. Right now nothings going on but a Borla Cat back, short shifter and 3 inch pulley...

In the end, I want to be in the low 6's at wheels. I decided on either BBK or Mac headers/H pipe (uncatted) thus far. Im also decided on a KB Blower, just not sure which one...Maybe heads in the future but Im looking to stay stock internally. Im not that versed with this car as I am my others so looking for some good straight advice....Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I would lean towards Mac,kooks, or ARH headers not BBK. You have to remove a BBK header if you ever have to pull the trans.

Mystic03

Established Member
2.2 will get you there and be alot better for the boost levels..if you're goin 2.8 dont just push a measly 18psi through them they are meant for 21+

cj428mach

Established Member
2.3L whipple, tvs, or 2.9 whipple if you plan to actually spin it. Anything but a KB.

Mystic03

Established Member
2.3L whipple, tvs, or 2.9 whipple if you plan to actually spin it. Anything but a KB.

not sure why everyone knocks on KB's usually its user error imo ive ran my 1st gen 2.2 HARD it has about 70k+ miles and nothin but highboost to it its whole life and the rotors still look new

650/[email protected] gona spin it more when i get the itch to drive it again

kb90k2_zpsc9b14888.jpg

Last edited:

cobra-k

Established Member
2.6 all the way! The only difference between the 2.8 and 2.6 is that its 3/4 inch bigger and 2psi difference stock pully.

stangfreak

Established Member
2.8 is my choice. If you don't care to change a few things around, the 2.8 mammoth is ideal. That setup has pushed these cars into the mid 9's at 145mph and made over 800rwhp on a built motor through a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread