which intake to choose?

lwantSonicBlue

Hey people I have a stock 03 cobra and want to put a cold air intake but don't know which one to choose from. I have seen Steeda, UPR, Amazon, K&N, densecharger,Kenne Bell and C&L kits for sale. Are they all the same? Which one makes the most power? For now, my plan is to get an intake add some cat-back Flowmasters and tint the windows. When more money is avaible then it will most likely change. Thanks for any help and if you could tell how much of an increase your mods made.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
My Preference The Pauls High Performane CAI
attachment.php

DarkCobra

Established Member
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site! There are just as many openions about various CAI kits as there are people on this forum. The general consenus on this forum is to use a straight thru CAI versus one that goes into the fenderwell because of issues with the mass air sensor. I myself have a UPR CAI (a fenderwell kit) and I have no problems what so ever. I haven't had my cobra on a dyno yet so I can't offer any info about the gains. If you do a simple search on the forums and type in "CAI", believe me when I say you will get PLENTY of info about them. Again welcome!

stangfreak

Established Member
jimmy, did you get good numbers with your cai? next week at mustang magic im going to talk to joe to install a cai during the dyno day. what do you think?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by stangfreak
jimmy, did you get good numbers with your cai? next week at mustang magic im going to talk to joe to install a cai during the dyno day. what do you think?

Good idea,,we can do before and after...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the car and welcome!! As far as a CAI, I prefer the Steeda that I've been using now since May. Easy to install. Filter is easy to get at and clean. And it looks sweet!

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
I was in the same quandry as you...based partially on info from this site...and partially on their reputation I went with the K&N cai.

I am not sorry, easy install, great fit and best of all...immediate SOTP improvement. I dynoed my car before any mods and then again after I installed the K&N, Magnaflow exhaust and Predator sport (non-pulley) tune and I picked up 57rwhp. But the K&N alone was a very noticable improvement.

IMPORTANT: Whichever you decide on...remember to re-teach the idle circuit settings per the instructions in the owners manual...under battery install I think. :beer:

Darcsun

Established Member
Any satin CAI's that match the motor a bit better? Everything I see is chrome, which is pretty out of place if thats the only chrome you have under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread