Which gaskets reusable ? Pulling blower eaton.

cobra1977

Established Member
Changing orings on coolant tubes for supercharger!

Which gaskets can I reuse? And which ones will I have to buy?
To do the job right

think my o rings are leaking
Thx

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
They're all reusable. clean the intercooler and throw a new bead of silicone on it, the metal crush gasket around the blower/lower intake is reusable along with the lower intake/heads gaskets.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
I just replaced my intercooler a few months ago and I replaced my intake gaskets and the inlet elbow gasket but reused the supercharger to intake gasket and haven't had any issues. I was going to replace it as well but the parts guy at the dealership order the wrong one and I wasn't waiting another day

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
Also they say you need to replace the bolts that hold the intercooler to the supercharger. A low power impact is the best way to get the factory bolts out. Otherwise you risk breaking them and have to have the holes tapped and heli coiled

TRBO VNM

Well, my thought is this....how old are these cars? Have the gaskets ever been replaced?

Might as well do it if they have never been replaced. The headaches you can have tracking down a small leak or possible motor damage is not worth it. Just because most people do something doesn't mean it is right.

Don't forget about the coolant tube orings in the intercooler manifold. If those leak, which orings do flatten, then you are talking about fluid in lower intake and possibly into cylinders and oil.

flyby763

Established Member
FWIW I just paid about 100 bucks on gaskets to swap blowers from Levittown Ford.

Intercooler O rings
Blower to IC
Lower intake
IC to cooler block

Blueline

Established Member
If you call Steve at Tasca, formerly Tousley Ford, he has a kit made up for a blower swap all the gaskets you need.

Users who are viewing this thread