Which full-size truck for under $11k?

badazzar15

Banned
So $11k is my budget. I would like to get a 4-Door (SuperCrew) full-size truck with a V8 and relatively low miles. What would you guys recommend? I prefer a 4WD, but I understand with my budget I can't have it all so a 2WD is fine too.

Right now Im leaning towards an 04+ F-150 Supercrew w/ a 5.4L - but Im having a hard time finding a truck with these specs and low miles for the $11k price range. I'm open to a full size SUV as well.

Any advice would be appreciated

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Go to autotrader and vehix, register, then setup custom searches with all the options you want. Set your price range $2k higher and start doing a bunch of self-research. Take your time and wait for exactly what you want.

I just went through all that and found it to be the best option. 2WD is a must at that price range unless you go higher mileage and possibly a bit older.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's going to be tough to find a low mileage, depending on what you definition of low mileage is, full size truck for that price.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
for your price range, i would try to find a clean, low mileage, late seventies or early eighties ford. or a chevy. they're tough as hell, and look better than the new shit that's being put out, imo. plus, there's nothing like driving an old truck like that. i used to have a '78 chevy, rc, lb with a 350. that thing was a beast.

edit:

i missed your part about the crew cab. imo, those trucks look like shit in anything other than rc.

Last edited:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Haven't looked, but I see you having trouble getting < 40,000 miles on anything newer than 01. Might have to go the Expy route. Trucks hold their value better.

badazzar15

Banned
You can get nice 03+ Expeditions for that money. I love my 03 eddie bauer.

I'm definitely open to an Expedition.

I have a Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer 5.0 right now. Absolutely love it, but its just falling apart now with its high miles. Drivetrain is running great though. Hmm, Im thinking a Black Eddie Bauer Expedition w/ Beige trim...

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Totally different approach, but I have always believed if you are buying a full size pickup go full size.

99-02 dodge 2500's can be had in that price range with the 24v.

Users who are viewing this thread