Which FTVB to get??

99RedSVT

Established Member
Wondering which is a good one to get and what u guys think about them are they worth the money.. How hard are they to install

speeder

Established Member
There is only one FTVB, and yes its deffinatly worth the money, don`t waste your money on other kits, the FTVB is the best one and its very easy to install, I installed mine in about 30 minutes.

Well there are two different versions, so the question of which "FTVB" would seem logical. They have the standard 2C which is what most people have, then they have the 2CR which is what me and philip have and that's the one that knocks calcium deposits off, lol. LFP has one, BTS has one, and a few other people do too. Nothing compares to the actual FTVB though.

As far as models, if your wanting it to shift better, not hard, go with the 2C. If you want it hard, 2CR. Either takes about 10-15 minutes to install "and requires only simple hand tools." You'll need the new pan, and fluid. It's cake but messy.

99RedSVT

Established Member
OOPS

D'OH ya i should have figured out that the F in FTVB stands for factory lol. :kaboom: Which is the best place to get one at and also is there a site that helps with the install on it?? Ive heard its a easy install just messy.

99RedSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by workspowerontop
Well there are two different versions, so the question of which "FTVB" would seem logical. They have the standard 2C which is what most people have, then they have the 2CR which is what me and philip have and that's the one that knocks calcium deposits off, lol. LFP has one, BTS has one, and a few other people do too. Nothing compares to the actual FTVB though.

As far as models, if your wanting it to shift better, not hard, go with the 2C. If you want it hard, 2CR. Either takes about 10-15 minutes to install "and requires only simple hand tools." You'll need the new pan, and fluid. It's cake but messy.

You must have been typin this when i was typing my message above..Thanks for the info very helpful. But the question still stands were is the best place to get one fo these?? Thanks guys I know this guy that has one for 150 bucks is this a good price.

Last edited:

SpankDog

Established Member
Re: OOPS

Originally posted by 99RedSVT
D'OH ya i should have figured out that the F in FTVB stands for factory lol. :kaboom: Which is the best place to get one at and also is there a site that helps with the install on it?? Ive heard its a easy install just messy.

I would get it here. http://www.chikenearsengineering.com/
it comes with directions and it is very easy to do.

Fulgur

Established Member
You can easily install the FTVB, pan, and filter with:

~8mm socket wrench
~10mm socket wrench
~A torque wrench to measure in ft. lbs & inch lbs.
~mallet & hole puncher
~ a BIG fluid catcher :)

And yes, it's a very worthwhile install.

99RedSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the info.HEy another question if i buy this one from thsi guy i know for 150 were can i get the filter and pan at? And how much is that usually..

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 02Lightning629
Ive just learned a few great things these past few days. Go to http://www.chikenearsengineering.com/transmission.htm as someone else posted above they got really good reviews from the people i've talked to. They said that their customer service is awesome supposedly they will ship the sameday you order. Hope this helps ya out.

I ordered from him before. :beer: Very good service.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread