Which Exhaust & X Pipe Combo Would You Rather Have?

Which combo would you prefer?

• Bassani Catback + Bassani X-Pipe

Votes: 145 73.6%
  • SLP Catback + SLP X-Pipe

Votes: 52 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I dont know what some of these people are talking about. I just put on my SLP loudmouth catback and the damn thing is wicked. As far as volume wise , unless I"m way off , the only comparable catback that is near as loud as the slp is the stingers. My bassani o/r x pipe just showed up , and going on this weekend , now that is going to be what some might say is " rediculous ". lol

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I have the LM II and SLP catted x-pipe. My friends who do exhaust and are a Bassini dealer told me my setup is one of the nicest sounding ones they ever did.

I don't know for sure but I don't think the Bassani are stainless either. I got my full SLP setup for under $950 shipped from NJ to LV. Anything louder than what mine is I would be affraid to drive it on the street in fear of getting tickets every time. When I put my foot in it, I can't hear the stero. But at a stop light it is quiet like a church mouse.

Just my 0.02 worth

Vegas

99GTvert

Established Member
Don't know if loudness is an issue for you but a friend of mine with a mach has stingers and an o/r x(not sure of brand) and BBK longtubes. And it was about as loud as my GT with just the SLP catback. Then when I put on my SLP o/r x it just sounded so sick. Low RPM's sounds like big block muscle car, high RPM's sounds like all out dragster. There is a loud rattle at about 3000 RPM's if you are not giving it a lot of gas but I hear that is something that will happen with all o/r x's. SLP is also very high quality kits and their tips look better then any others in my opinion. Even the resonaters are polished. BTW my friend is selling his combo if you want it (he is switching to full SLP)

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
One should also consider is the SLP catback the Loudmouth or the standard. Makes a HUGE difference.

Also, on the mid pipes, which are they O/R or catted.

That being said, Bassani, Bassani, Bassani !!

undrpresr

Established Member
I put on SLP catback because basically I hear it the loudest and also I got it at group buy price of $420 shipped. It sounds amazing! Cruising a light throttle will NOT ring your ears so road trips definately won't be a problem. WOT just sounds unreal, its nothing like any Mustang I've ever heard. I don't regret it at all. My only problem is that when you start it up cold the mufflers crackle and sound so badass but when it warms up, the crackling goes away :nonono:

Don't get me wrong it sounds awesome all the time, just wish it crackled more.

Its ok though because I ordered a UPR O/R X and that will be here tomorrow. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Its crackle time! :rockon:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Bassani xpipe and Magnaflow CB, best of the 5 combos I have run, good power, great sound, mild volume.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
I just had an SLP catted X put on to go with my stingers....they are LOUD! And I love every minute of it!!!!! My car friggin absolutely screams with this set-up. May be too loud for some but, I love it! :rockon:

1BLWN 03

Established Member
love the bassani..sounds awesome...especially when you take the baffles out...I don't like the design of the slps but they sound okay and a lot of people I know have them and like them...you need to listen to both and make the decision

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
memphisstang said:
Hey "High Horse",
What about a Magnaflow catted X with a Bassani BX catback? This is the combo I'm thinking about doing, because I love the sound of the Bassani, but also the performance of the Magnaflow X pipe, and the Bassani BX is pretty reasonably priced. Has anybody tried this combo?

The only thing about the BX is i'm pretty sure it doens't come with the baffles. So you have to buy them seperately if you want them.

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
imho, bassani sounds amazing and makes good power. I took off my magnaflow catback because it sounded stock lol. I went with ss o/r x and ss catback with the baffles out on mine. And it sounds raunchy, just stupid loud and amazing. goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread