Which engine bolts are TTY?

CSG

Established Member
I have found mixed info. on most of this. Obviously the head bolts are TTY. What other bolts are TTY for a complete engine assembly? I have read that the cam cap bolts are TTY and that the oil pump bolts are. I assume on the oil pump that that would be the bolts that actually hold the pump together. The Ford manual literature that I have shows discarding the head bolts but does not specify on any other bolts.

nosscort

Established Member
^ lol the main caps bolts are all tty, the side main bolts are tty, the head bolts are tty, and some places say the cam cap bolts are but not 100% they are not, the oil pump gear bolts didn't think they were.

Tyler72

Established Member
I am pretty sure even the timing cover bolts are tty, but nobody in a healthy state of mind would replace them. My thoughts on tty, do away with them if you have to take them out. Replace them with ARP. But things that really Dont matter (timing cover for example) I reuse them. 8mm gets torqued to 18 ft/lb and 6mm gets 90 in/lb. That's a good general full of thumb for all external engine parts. Anything internal should be either replaced with ARP or tightened by fords specifications.

CSG

Established Member
Parts I already have:
ARP main studs
ARP rod bolts
ARP side bolts
ARP head studs

For sure will buy:
Flexplate bolts

so I guess what I need to know is what other bolts need to be replaced.

02reaper

Established Member
As others have said, cam main cap bolts, cam bolts, even most of the front cover bolts are tty...CPRism is correct when he states that its easier to tell you which ones are not tty.

CSG

Established Member
So now I am trying to order parts, but am failing. All the parts diagrams that I find online do not show any of the bolts. Specifically I am looking for cam cap bolts and all of the oil pump bolts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

02reaper

Established Member
N806183-S437 – Camshaft main cap bolts, 40 needed...Dont know about the oil pump bolts...Call Steve at Tasca Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread