Which driveshaft?

Zevox

Established Member
Getting a driveshaft. Torn between shaftmasters and axle exchange. Is there a reason to pay the extra $100 for the axle exchange?

nzimmer6649

Established Member
I installed a Shaftmasters on mine this past weekend. Took stock driveshaft out. Adjusted the pinion angle where I wanted it before I put new driveshaft in. Simple bolt-in install.... Been up to around 90MPH so far and its smooth as butter! Definitely glad I went this route!:rockon:

hand-filer

Established Member
After having a less than satisfactory experience with one of the more popular brands I elected to give it another shot and gave Shaftmasters a try.
I'm glad I did because this driveshaft performs as advertised. No noises, no vibrations, no adapters to mess with.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Dynotech driveshafts are fitted to 43 850 hp nascar generation 6 monsters every weekend at rpms that exceed 9500 and speeds that often exceed 200 mph. They gotta be doing something right to secure that contract!!!

Dynotech FTW!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we run and sell the axle exchange, usually only a one day build time, available in 3.5 or 4"

over 400 passes without issue on our personal car!

let me know if we can help you out

Nuar

Established Member
So far i've seen quite a few DSS units fail on the cv joint, one guy on the coyote facebook page popped a shaftmasters driveshaft recently. It split right at the weld, until i saw that i was all for shaftmasters, still might be)

I havent heard any thing negative on the dynotech shafts yet... still going to wait it out

tj@steeda

Established Member
The Axle Exchange unit has been a very good seller for us:

http://www.steeda.com/axle-exchange-mustang-driveshaft-012-mamt011/

Just had the driveshaft installed and it is a night and day difference in responsiveness and feel. When you take your foot off the gas while still in gear the car no longer slows due to the light wieght of the driveshaft, I also noticed a 1mpg increase in fuel mileage. If you want to allow the engine to get the power to the rear more efficiently then this is a must have. I cant believe the difference in acceleration and driveline feel, its like your right foot and the throttle are wired together, instant - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/axle-exchange-mustang-driveshaft-012-mamt011/#sthash.O0JyppEd.dpuf

his is the second Steeda DriveShaft that I have installed. The first one went on my 2006 Roush stage 3. The second was just installed on my 2010 Shelby GT500. Both installed easily and I have ZERO vibration issues. (tested to 147 MPH) I believe what makes this shaft better than the others is the use of the provided Pinion flange. Competitors shafts utilize an adaptor instead of a new flange, and it is my belief that an adaptor can be a sourse of vibration. You cannot go wrong with this shaft, it may cost just a few more dollars, but it is well worth it. - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/axle-exchange-mustang-driveshaft-012-mamt011/#sthash.O0JyppEd.dpuf]

You can send me an email at [email protected] if I can help assist with anything.

Best Regards,

TJ

hand-filer

Established Member
My bad, I got the dynotech confused with the axle exchange which requires a pinion flange swap.

I am running the dynotech to and it's been great, plus it's a bolt in unit

Dynotech driveshafts are fitted to 43 850 hp nascar generation 6 monsters every weekend at rpms that exceed 9500 and speeds that often exceed 200 mph. They gotta be doing something right to secure that contract!!!

Dynotech FTW!

Chris Proia

Established Member
Dynotech FTW...

DynotechDS_zpsd1ef1efc.jpg

DynotechDS2_zps770aa648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread