Which catback?

jdcobra

Established Member
How would you describe the difference between the H and X on the SW systems beef?

EDIT: Ah, nm beefcake, I see you just answered the same question over on that "other forum" ;D

Would probably sound the same as the other systems. X is a little more raspy and the H has that low grunt muscle car sound.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Just a heads up on Borla. I spoke to someone at AM again this morning and they said they have already placed an order with Bolra for the S-Type systems and they are set to arrive within the next 3 weeks.

chadr0

Established Member
Of your two choices, the MRT sounds better than the Bassani IMO. I think the best balance of sound/noise/drone for the 11-14s was the Roush ABs by themselves, however, with the GIANT resonator on the 15s, the Roushes don't cut it alone. I think the best sound so far is with the FRPP sport catback, but I'm not a fan of only being 2.5." The Roush/resonator delete combo also sounds really good but it's VERY loud and I'm sure the drone can get pretty bad. With the plan to go with a VMP TVS system, I'm leaning MRT or Kooks at this point to get a 3" catback.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I talked to some vendors regarding the Borla S-types and got the feeling that prices will be around $1300 or a little higher. Compared to getting Hypermotive to price match Yates @ $1065 for the FRPP Sports I couldnt bring myself to pay $300 more for basically the same system with Borla tips. My FRPP system arrives Thursday.

DivineStrike

Established Member
Went with ARH catback. I'll let ya know how they sound when I get home and they get delivered. Listening to video's it's pretty much the exact sound i've been looking for. MRT is good, but the price increase along with not knowing what the drone sounded like pushed me away.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Still haven't heard just the kooks cat back. But the ARH sounds pretty badass

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Went with ARH catback. I'll let ya know how they sound when I get home and they get delivered. Listening to video's it's pretty much the exact sound i've been looking for. MRT is good, but the price increase along with not knowing what the drone sounded like pushed me away.

Can't wait to hear and see your feedback.

I talked with Jay at Hypermotive and he was a giddy about this CB. ARH and SW are my 1a and 1b.

jdcobra

Established Member
Can't wait to hear and see your feedback.

I talked with Jay at Hypermotive and he was a giddy about this CB. ARH and SW are my 1a and 1b.

Sw would have been my choice if it wasn't restrictive with long tubes.

Husker

Established Member
Sold my SW CB-H, ordered ARH CBH...Reason, Drone, SW has great tone/note but can't live with the unbearable drone...ARH claims no drone, I'll soon find out.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
all of the h's sound good to me,

my buddy drives 45 mintues each way to work and claims to be drone free on the SW setup. My other buddy picked up the x pipe SW, same thing. I am running the SW full system, and really don't feel it has drone.

Seems so subjective to people.

We do have the ARH systems as well for another H choice

305oh

Established Member
all of the h's sound good to me,

my buddy drives 45 mintues each way to work and claims to be drone free on the SW setup. My other buddy picked up the x pipe SW, same thing. I am running the SW full system, and really don't feel it has drone.

Seems so subjective to people.

We do have the ARH systems as well for another H choice

I have the sw catback, with the perforated louvers against the exhaust flow. I tried to switch the chambered mufflers the opposite way for a louder tone, but they don't fit. Apparently the catback "chambered mufflers" don't fit/reverse. Yet the "chambered mufflers" alone on the sw website say reversible... doesn't make sense. I have it paired with a or h pipe, but I would love to hear if I could reverse the mufflers. :(

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Corsa Extreme Catback ftw...my buddy Tiagos car sounds killer...

[youtube_browser]sOq-S_cKxZ8[/youtube_browser]

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I installed the Corsa Extreme on Monday and am extremely happy with it. (Thanks beefcake!)

It truly turns your gas pedal into the "loud" pedal. Blistering loud on WOT, might be capable of waking the dead. Almost disappears at warm idle. And relatively mild sounding when driving like a grandma. My G8 with long tubes cat deletes and Magnaflows might not have been this loud at WOT.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I installed the Corsa Extreme on Monday and am extremely happy with it. (Thanks beefcake!)

It truly turns your gas pedal into the "loud" pedal. Blistering loud on WOT, might be capable of waking the dead. Almost disappears at warm idle. And relatively mild sounding when driving like a grandma. My G8 with long tubes cat deletes and Magnaflows might not have been this loud at WOT.

your very welcome!!!!

Jon96cobra

Established Member
My dad is looking for the deeper sound that the Magnaflow Competition 3" cat-back (Part# 19101) offers. I'm trying to get him to get the Bassani 3" X-Cross Over and Race Muffler System. (Part # 5015R35) but the video online isn't that good and I'm trying to find another to compare it to. Plus the price for the Bassani is less than the Magnaflow.

jdcobra

Established Member
My dad is looking for the deeper sound that the Magnaflow Competition 3" cat-back (Part# 19101) offers. I'm trying to get him to get the Bassani 3" X-Cross Over and Race Muffler System. (Part # 5015R35) but the video online isn't that good and I'm trying to find another to compare it to. Plus the price for the Bassani is less than the Magnaflow.

Maryland speed has a pretty good discount for magnaflow right now. Like 350 off

Users who are viewing this thread