WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

WHICH CAR DO YOU FEAR THE MOST IN A STREET RACE?

• TRANS AM / OTHER GM (LOL)

Votes: 58 7.4%
  • CORVETTE Z06

Votes: 103 13.1%
  • PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Votes: 125 15.9%
  • EARLY MODEL VIPER

Votes: 16 2.0%
  • LATE MODEL VIPER

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • SUBARU WRX STI

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • MITSUBISHI EVO

Votes: 29 3.7%
  • OLD RUMBLING MUSCLE CAR

Votes: 116 14.8%
  • ANOTHER 03/04 COBRA :)

Votes: 194 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
I fear a heavily modified Buick GNX. Ouch...

I was telling my dad about this poll today, he owns a modified GN, and how you said you fear a modded Buick Grand National, and he told me to tell you, he fears a modded 03/04 Cobra most of all :D .

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I was telling my dad about this poll today, he owns a modified GN, and how you said you fear a modded Buick Grand National, and he told me to tell you, he fears a modded 03/04 Cobra most of all :D .

That's cool. I guess you don't really know what to expect when the HP rating can be +/- 120% just about any turbo or S/C setup. I've seen some sick HP ratings on the GN's like 600+ RWHP.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
I Fear 11 Second Lightnings with OVER 575 HP
and over 650 pounds of tourque At The CRANKSHAFT,,,,,,:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LARRYS FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT I GODDA BUY NEW SHADES !!!:coolman: :coolman: :coolman:

I HAVE A SICKNESS FOR QUICKNESSSSSSSSS

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by AzureBlue03Mach1
I Fear 11 Second Lightnings with OVER 575 HP
and over 650 pounds of tourque At The CRANKSHAFT,,,,,,:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LARRYS FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT I GODDA BUY NEW SHADES !!!:coolman: :coolman: :coolman:

I HAVE A SICKNESS FOR QUICKNESSSSSSSSS

Now THAT's JUICE!!
:thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
That's cool. I guess you don't really know what to expect when the HP rating can be +/- 120% just about any turbo or S/C setup. I've seen some sick HP ratings on the GN's like 600+ RWHP.

Oh yeah, its deffinatly not that uncommon.

My dad gets the GSXtra from the buick club every month, it talked about a handful of street legal/street driven, 8 second cars :eek:.

My dad is friends with Kent Rudebek (he has a 7 second Turbo T, one of the fastest non pro-stock cars in the country I might add, traps around 180mph, last time I heard it had like 1400hp and 1200lbs of torque) and while my dad was working at the Chrysler casting plant in new castle, Kent worked there for a short time, so my dad would go down to the floor and talk to him every now and then. Anyway I guess Kent said his beater was in the shop (civic I think) and he had to go out to UPS to pick something up, so he drove his "T" (the 7 sec. car) out, slicks and all, to UPS. My dad said he asked him if he left the slicks on it and Kent just kind of stared at him. :lol:

Anyway kind of Ironic, my dad works up at the Chrysler auto tranny plant in Kokomo now, and one of the venders that he deals with has a couple GN's T-Type's and I think dad told me he has GNX number (499 of 500), one of em a 9 second car with 1000hp. Thought that was kind of neat. That guy owns some sort of performance shop up in Michigan, and he said he has all of the equipment to port superchargers, and he told my dad he'd do mine for free so I thought that sounded like one hell of a deal. :burnout: :burnout:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Oh yeah, its deffinatly not that uncommon.

My dad gets the GSXtra from the buick club every month, it talked about a handful of street legal/street driven, 8 second cars :eek:.

My dad is friends with Kent Rudebek (he has a 7 second Turbo T, one of the fastest non pro-stock cars in the country I might add, traps around 180mph, last time I heard it had like 1400hp and 1200lbs of torque) and while my dad was working at the Chrysler casting plant in new castle, Kent worked there for a short time, so my dad would go down to the floor and talk to him every now and then. Anyway I guess Kent said his beater was in the shop (civic I think) and he had to go out to UPS to pick something up, so he drove his "T" (the 7 sec. car) out, slicks and all, to UPS. My dad said he asked him if he left the slicks on it and Kent just kind of stared at him. :lol:

Anyway kind of Ironic, my dad works up at the Chrysler auto tranny plant in Kokomo now, and one of the venders that he deals with has a couple GN's T-Type's and I think dad told me he has GNX number (499 of 500), one of em a 9 second car with 1000hp. Thought that was kind of neat. That guy owns some sort of performance shop up in Michigan, and he said he has all of the equipment to port superchargers, and he told my dad he'd do mine for free so I thought that sounded like one hell of a deal. :burnout: :burnout:

NICE! So would the S/C porting be similar to the Apten option? Nice to know people in the automotive business. :read:

I guess the thing to look out for in the GN's are the missing high beams. :thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
NICE! So would the S/C porting be similar to the Apten option? Nice to know people in the automotive business. :read:

I guess the thing to look out for in the GN's are the missing high beams. :thumbsup:

lol yep.

Yeah the S/C porting is the exact thing Apten does. Whats exciting is hopefully within the next week or so ill have my 2.9 non-slip pulley, Diablo sport chip, and Borla Catback system installed and tuned, so the S/C porting is going to be a bonus (a very power granting bonus :D )

Wild Bill

Established Member
I put the 911 turbo,but fear is not the word I would choose.More like respect for me.I've run 3 vipers and beat all 3(not the 03-04)I've raced 2 Z06s,1 stock I beat easy,the other modded I won twice he one once.Killed 2 evos no prob.Killed 1 STI no prob.The old muscle I've ever run has been no prob.The toughest cars are bolt-on h/c N20 f-bodys.One with slicks kicked my a$$.I respect those the most because those cars really move with those mods and all the owners do is drag race so they are good.

Established Member
911 turbo's, so beautiful, so powerful.

Supras get me nervous, I never know what they might have.

Same thing goes with 03 cobras.

No one mentioned typhoons or syclones. The rare time you run into one, you can bet it is probably going to be modded.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
By far the Z0-6! I ran up on one when I had just got my car and it only had CAI/lid, Exhaust, and shifter. The guy looked old as hell, but he threw me a rev and hit it when I did and he destroyed me! By like bus lengths!!! He pulled over up the road and we talked he had a heads/cam and 100 shot of N2O. Very cool old man though! I figured he would be so old that he wouldn't know what to do when racing a car, but man was i wrong... I wish I could see him today though!:devil:

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Originally posted by ExplorerThis
I fear cars that look stock but whine :eek:

Like this one!

PackMobile.jpg

front%20underview.JPG

:beer: :thumbsup:

I fear the rich pu$$y " Daddy bought my mods " Kids who couldn't drive a milk cow if they had it tied up!! No matter what they drive.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Any old Z (not Z06, but Datsun) that sounds like a V8. Takes little power to make them insanely fast.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Most repect... Any clean GN/T-Type/Turbo-T that wears DRs, or F-body that lopes excessively!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by sticky

No one mentioned typhoons or syclones. The rare time you run into one, you can bet it is probably going to be modded.

I forgot all about those. Typhoon/Syclone could easily confuse someone who doesnt know alot about em, looks like a typical Jimmy/Sanoma with a body kit and rims.

1989 20th anniv Turbo T/A with the Buick LC2 is also one to watch out for. What is scary about that car, is that its supposed to be the fastest production Trans-Am ever produced [yes even as quick as the LS1 equipped F-bodies]. Yet it comes in a 3rd a gen Firebird, the generation most think of as the weakest of the 5.

Last edited:

DEADEYE

Banned
I don't know why, but everytime I make a traffic stop on a GN with tinted windows the hair on the back of my neck stands up. That car gives me the willies.

Sm00th

Established Member
WHERE ARE THE SUPRA'S MAN?
I FEAR 800hp+ SUPRA'S THERE ARE A LOT OF SCARY ONES OUT THERE?

HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE IT IN THE POLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread