Which brand new performance car would you choose for under 50k?

Which brand new performance car would you choose for under 50k?

• 2010 GT500

Votes: 404 69.1%
  • SRT8 Challenger

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • 2010 SS Camero

Votes: 55 9.4%
  • Nissan 370z

Votes: 18 3.1%
  • BMW 335i

Votes: 71 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
If it were 09, it would be the challenger hands down..

BUT, the 2010 Shelby is ****ING GORGEOUS.. BIG IMPROVEMENTS. 540 HORSE

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
imo they're all nice cars and do well for what they're built for. But I'm a mustang guy and I'd pick the GT500. When it comes to modding, it's hard to beat the "bang for the buck" factor of the GT500. Plus I saw one at the local dealership selling for $47k.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
what about a base model 08-09 ls3 corvette they've been selling here for around 40K new

Bingo. In a PERFORMANCE car category, the LS3 OUTPERFORMS all of the cars listed in the poll for under 50k. Of course some of the other cars have advantages (more seating is all I can really think of.) But this thread is about performance out of the box. If I had to do it again I would buy the same car.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
ok 12's is slow as hell most people on this site would never be happy with the performance potential of the 335 unles you spend a huge amount on it...

I don't remember saying that 12s in the 1/4 were something so amazing that it would give you instantaneous wood :dw:. The 335i is not a replacement for brute force that a Cobra, Challenger, or Camaro give you. Its an alternative driving vehicle. I would however, beg to differ that most people on this site would be happy with the performance potential of the 335i considering its not rare to get over 400rwhp with just a tune/intake/exhaust/downpipes. You wouldn't have to spend a huge amount on it either. You'd be looking at M3 performance with a couple grand or so in mods. It depends on the deals and company you go with. It's a great balance of luxury and speed.

By the way OP I'd suggest looking into a used C6 Z06. They can be had for under $50k with decent milage. That would be my choice if you didn't want to go the luxury route. Definately my choice for a Performance car under $50K.

Last edited:

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I already voted and posted earlier on this thread and two things came to mind that I couldn't resist commenting on:
1-To the guy that posted the vid on the new V-Max...good grief I luv that machine! Been watchin it for a long time and can't wait to see one in person. I. Will. Own. One.

2-Isn't it nice that we've FINALLY got some nice cars to chose from!??! Seriously! There is obviously a need for all the Hyundai's/Kias/Mazda's/Honda/Toyota's etc out there but shiznitty it's about dang time the big three from Detroit brought the smack down back! Bout time!

92z28

Established Member
If I had 50K saved up just for the purpose of buying a vehicle I wouldn't take any of them. I would buy myself a really nice 1970 Chevelle SS and another Harley Davidson probably a Street Bob.

If I really have to pick out of the list my vote goes to BMW.

G-STANG

Established Member
For a daily driver and resale BMW. For a weekend warrior, GT-500. If I could go used, Z-06.

Users who are viewing this thread