Which brand new performance car would you choose for under 50k?

Which brand new performance car would you choose for under 50k?

• 2010 GT500

Votes: 404 69.1%
  • SRT8 Challenger

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • 2010 SS Camero

Votes: 55 9.4%
  • Nissan 370z

Votes: 18 3.1%
  • BMW 335i

Votes: 71 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
GT-5 , but man I do love what chevy did with engine bay on the Camaro;-) man that thing looks clean

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
That new GT500 is sick. I'm not a big fan of the current design but I love the little changes Ford made. With that said I would go with a GT500 if I wanted a muscle car or the BWM if I just wanted a fast lux car.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Definitely depends if I was keeping my 03 or not. If I was, I'd pick up the BMW. If I wasn't I'd be more inclined to look at the GT500.

It's also spelled CAMARO.

turbosaleen

Established Member
?

Well, since I have a 335i I'll give you the story on that car. By how many pictures you posted of it, I assume you're leaning to the 335i a bit. Also, deciding from GT500s, Camaros, and Challengers is one thing. They're all muscle cars with grunt and growl. Adding a BMW to the mix is like apples to oranges.

The 335i is a sports/luxury car. Its a classy car with tons of creature comforts and a powerful engine to boot. The E92 (07-Current Coupe) has a very sleek and aggressive style to it, especially when you had the M3 rear spoiler and Front OEM Aerolip (the front end of the 335i in the 360 forged wheels pics) . Its just a sharp looking car. Especially in black. The 335i's engine is amazing. Very responsive and very modable. For under $1K you can buy a used Vishnu V3 and up your boost from 8psi to 16psi within' 10min of tuning. The engine and car handle it like it should have been like that from the factory. The handling of the car is superb. My dad has a 2007 997 Porsche Carrera and I think my 335i handles just as good if not better. The interior or the car is a very comfortable place to be in. You have pretty much everything that you could look for in luxury car. I'd list them, but the options I have would be around 1 page to type. Overall, I'm VERY happy with this car and do not regret buying this car over the 07' Z-51 C6 I almost bought. BMW really did a good job with the 335i.

Cliff notes. The 335i is what you would buy if you want a fast, luxurious, sleek, amazing handling, sports car with refinement. Drive in style or run 12s at the drags (if tuned). Its the best of both worlds.

If you want that V8 growl and brute force that you get with the typical muscle cars like a Mustang or a Camaro then don't go for the 335i. Go do some test drives.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

BTW, you'll never find a '10 GT500 for under $50K. I might even say that for the 2010 Camaro SS as well. In that case. No hesitation. 335i all the way.

ok 12's is slow as hell most people on this site would never be happy with the performance potential of the 335 unles you spend a huge amount on it

and my brother in law already bought a yellow ss for under 50 k they are not going to be gouged nearly like the gt-500

and 500s wont be that bad if you just wait a few months instead of being on the omg i got to get it first band wagon

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Im sure there were a few e-mails/conference calls from the higher ups at Chevy that made sure this whas the way it ended up. Also its been nearly 2 years since intro. I call it the most hyped up old car on the planet.

GT-500 FTW!!!

Nice to see the 335 eeking out the Challenger and Camero.
ok 12's is slow as hell most people on this site would never be happy with the performance potential of the 335 unles you spend a huge amount on it

and my brother in law already bought a yellow ss for under 50 k they are not going to be gouged nearly like the gt-500

and 500s wont be that bad if you just wait a few months instead of being on the omg i got to get it first band wagon

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Sence when can u buy a Gt500 under 50k? Also u should re-do the poll and remove the gt500 and see which car gets the votes.. cause u know everyone is gonna vote shelby

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
to me... the 370Z is a womans car.

331 wonderful car

But I would park the GT500 next to my Cobra in the garage.

E

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Honestly if I had 50k to spend, I'd probably buy the Camaro SS and put the other 15k into mods.

Oh, don't the C6 vettes sticker for less than 50k?

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
I'm going to have to throw in a vote for the 370z.
The challenger is just too big for my tastes and the camaro's interior is hideous.

For a car that looks good, is priced well, and can offer a lot of fun to average driver on a road course; the 370z is my pick.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i wouldn't waste my $$$ on any of them. they all have been destroyed by to much Gov't interference. they all are way to BIG in size in terms of both volume and mass and have way to little traction as result of wheels that are to tall and to thin. from a drag racing and road racing perspective they all have an identity crisis like transsexuals do. all of these new wannabe muscle cars FAIL horribly imo. the only thing new for less than $50k that i will be buying that has a motor in it......is the new Star/Yamaha V-Max > 1679 CC V-4 = 200 HP :rockon: if you want something that is BIG, fat and ugly and has no traction than this is the only way to fly imo :coolman:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLybPysg2Qw"]YouTube - roberto ungaro su v-max[/ame]

3895509_VMax_beauty.jpg

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
GT500 I am so used to working on Fords and just being able to slap a Whipple and a few supporting mods on it and its a definite beast

Users who are viewing this thread