which blower on a mach1

Whippedmach

Established Member
Ok so give me some input on what you think the best route to go will be. I currently have a 04 mach1 with full boltons,I will be pulling the motor within the week to build it for a blower. The plan on the motor is of course Forged rods and piston's and fully ported heads. As far as the blower portion i am looking to spend no more than 2000 if i have to go a little higer i will. the two choices i wanted input on was one if i do the Eaton conversion what is a good compression ratio, 8.5 or 9.0 maybe another. and then theoritically what kind of power could the car put down. The second option would be a used procharger, so probably a p1sc for $ reasons im in college. Thanks:)

liss87

hmmmm taking the motor out in a week interesting for others who read this if they may do not tell the girlfriend that you have been dating for three years the sites of which you are on so she can discover you lying to her thanks oh well done ranting just irritated when you have been together for as long as we have you like honesty. i am in college also i tell him everything.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
liss87 said:
hmmmm taking the motor out in a week interesting for others who read this if they may do not tell the girlfriend that you have been dating for three years the sites of which you are on so she can discover you lying to her thanks and have a nice day

your his girlfriend..he's in college.... he needs not tell you anything

Now my advice, is save up and go Turbo

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
liss87 said:
hmmmm taking the motor out in a week interesting for others who read this if they may do not tell the girlfriend that you have been dating for three years the sites of which you are on so she can discover you lying to her thanks and have a nice day

I see smackdown coming already.

I don't know much on this topic, but I know 8.5 is a great compression ratio for forced induction. 9.0 will give you more torque, but I think it will raise your operating temp a bit. Don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong though.

2001 Blue Snake

Established Member
Sounds like someone disagrees with your decision...
Sorry to get off topic but I noticed one of you is in Lee's Summitt and the other in Lawrence. I live in Olathe/Overland Park. Do you guys know of anything which goes on in the area relevant to our cars? I'd like to see what some other guys do and get a little experienced input and/or help with mine. (2001 Cobra...very similar)
Also, local 'stang tuning or building shops? Thanks.

liss87

no i do not have a problem with his decision he just keeps telling me that he was not planning on doing this so quickly. he told me that he would buy the super charger but not have it on his car. ha ha ha i guess that shows me. well if he cant save money then i guess i dont have to either. i am just going to have to buy my 9 in rear end and maybe a little procharger. put on another 100 to my 400hp now. oh well if you cant beat them join them.

01silverstang

Established Member
Without Hi-Jacking the thread.... Kansas City Street Racing is a good site for local stuff, my name is CosmosM3 over there since that was my last car. The address is www.kcsr.org

I want to supercharge my Mach as well but keep the Shaker hood, possibly procharger??

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
liss87 said:
no i do not have a problem with his decision he just keeps telling me that he was not planning on doing this so quickly. he told me that he would buy the super charger but not have it on his car. ha ha ha i guess that shows me. well if he cant save money then i guess i dont have to either. i am just going to have to buy my 9 in rear end and maybe a little procharger. put on another 100 to my 400hp now. oh well if you cant beat them join them.

Your Awesome.... Would you call My wife and set her straight!!!!

And to the original Poster. 9.0:1 and some Meth injection with a procharger.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hate to break it too you, but $2000 is not going to get you what you want in a charger. I just got spending $2300 on a used one. Not only was it a great deal..I still needed the pumps and a few other things. it can be done, but don't count on $2k...especially after spending the money on the rebuild. IMO.

As for which charger...it is up to you. It depends on ..do you want to have the instant boost of the eaton, or the centrif. As for potential power...you will be similar to a cobra that has ported heads. The problem with going with an eaton...is there are a lot of parts needed when installing on a Mach 1. The registry has the list.....I believe it is about 48 parts.

Just my 2 cents worth.

liss87

like i said who knows i might put a p1sc procharger on my car or put a stroker kit on it that would be nice too. maybe a hefty little 383 or even better a 408 couldnt put anypower adders to the 408 the cylinder walls would be too thin so maybe the 383 would be a nice little bonus. i cant get a nice little stroker kit from holley for $3,600 that would fix my issues:-D oh and he wants an eaton supercharger off of the cobra. it should be a good building experience for both of us due to the fact i help him and he helps me. i might as well just claim his mach 1 as well:rollseyes dont know why i ever got upset. i am not one of those fbody owners who at least do not like other cars. he wanted a camaro ss i wanted a white or blue mach 1 somehow or another some things got switched i ended up with an fbody and he got the mach 1 go figure.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
liss87 said:
like i said who knows i might put a p1sc procharger on my car or put a stroker kit on it that would be nice too. maybe a hefty little 383 or even better a 408 couldnt put anypower adders to the 408 the cylinder walls would be too thin so maybe the 383 would be a nice little bonus. i cant get a nice little stroker kit from holley for $3,600 that would fix my issues:-D oh and he wants an eaton supercharger off of the cobra. it should be a good building experience for both of us due to the fact i help him and he helps me. i might as well just claim his mach 1 as well:rollseyes dont know why i ever got upset

who said you can't put a power adder to a 408.....you can spay that bitch!!!!

liss87

Double"O" said:
who said you can't put a power adder to a 408.....you can spay that bitch!!!!
you would have to have a lot of precautions when doing that with the 408 they are know for the cylinders to drop and the blocks cracking. it is hit and miss i am done posting on here though i just like seeing what other have done to their cars i used to own a mustang also

Last edited:

kb97

Established Member
Just do the blower first, keep the boost below 10lbs and get a good tune, you should be fine, and if(when?) the motor goes then rebuild. I would recomend a Procharger, P1SC if you don't intend to increase the boost much more after a rebuild, D1SC if you want to increase the boost. I have a P1SC, running a conservative 6lbs and it's plenty of power for me, of course I do have an automatic with 4.10's and a stall. Previoiusely I had a 97' Cobra with a Kenne Bell at 9psi, and I can say the 6psi Procharged Mach feels much stronger than the 9psi KB.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hmbre97 said:
You can put an Eaton on it for under 2 grand if you shop around.

Where??? have you seen the list of parts it takes to install tha SVT eaton on a mach??

I ahve heard of ONE person getting darn near everything for the conversion...and it was on ebay for ~1500....That was a STEAL.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread