which alternator?

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
my battery light flickers on and off sometimes staying on, iv did my research through older threads and they all point towards either my battery and alternator soon to fail but my question is which one? my local oriellys gave me 2 different parts number for a 105a and a 110a:shrug:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Its your alternator telling you its on its way out. I've replaced mine about 4 times now and each time before it went out the battery light flickers, when the light comes on and stay on that mean you running 100% on battery, so its best to order an alternator now. I just brought one from guy off ebay 160amp it's gotten great reviews and its a thread on here somewhere. Search for 160amp ebay alternator.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
I have PA 170amp Alternator in mine and thats just cause i have a big stereo system, HID's, Gauges and i love to run my A/C on full blast in the summer time, oh ya and bumper to bumper traffic in Cali with the cooling fan on also dosent help. If you got the extra load on the charging system and if you can afford the 170 amp i would defiantly recommend it.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
talk to startncharge... dont buy the cheap autozone/orilley's/napa/advance junk alternators
<--------------- do THIS !!!! end /THREAD !! :beer:

I have PA 170amp Alternator in mine and thats just cause i have a big stereo system, HID's, Gauges and i love to run my A/C on full blast in the summer time, oh ya and bumper to bumper traffic in Cali with the cooling fan on also dosent help. If you got the extra load on the charging system and if you can afford the 170 amp i would defiantly recommend it.
HAD A P.A. & their customer service sucks b@lls had a issue with mine less that 2yrs of owning it & they pretty much told me to f@#$ off & buy another one from them ( in a nice way lol )

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jaimie McClinton (Start 'N Charge) was doing some tear down research on those Eagle Auto alternators because there were so many issues reported. I can't find the thread. I'm wondering if he finished that tear down and analysis.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Jaimie McClinton (Start 'N Charge) was doing some tear down research on those Eagle Auto alternators because there were so many issues reported. I can't find the thread. I'm wondering if he finished that tear down and analysis.
Only 2-3 people reported issues but it was running on a 9 sec Cobra longer than the OEM which he praised so…. :shrug:
I heard issues on StartNCharge also but havent seen any lately, so I guess its a gamble on these damn cars.

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
i think ill just go with a oem one for now, but when it does stay on its only for a couple mins then it goes to flickering on and off, its been doing this for about a month now actually, i just havent had time to change it

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Some other guys are having issues with them as well. I was curious because I didn't see you post in that other thread...did they offer a replacement or were you beat?

Got a replacement on the first one after it went out, the second one i asked for a refund and they said they would comply. I cant complain as far as customer service, but durability wise they just are not there.

whitemachine

Established Member
Got a replacement on the first one after it went out, the second one i asked for a refund and they said they would comply. I cant complain as far as customer service, but durability wise they just are not there.

were you running a stock size pulley or bigger?

evers86

Established Member
I just had my ebay alternator go out last night at the track for the first time. and it was only 2.5 months old and i had a 3.2 pulley on it. so it just goes to show that its hard to find an alt. that lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread