Wheres Tmac?

Smokie

Established Member
tallboy said:
Nitrous is definetly a great bang-for-the-buck, but I'm afraid to use it. there I said it.

Me too, I also want my power adder to be permanent, 100% available.24/7/365. :thumbsup:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Smokie said:
Me too, I also want my power adder to be permanent, 100% available.24/7/365. :thumbsup:
I agree. Nitrous just seems like some temperary fix to me, while supercharging is permanent. And you don't get something for nothing. There's always trade-offs. I cannot speak from experience about Nitrous, although I can about supercharging. But my impression about nitrous is also that it's more challenging to tune an engine with it than it is an engine with a supercharger, because the outside temperature will effect the pressure in the nitrous bottle, and therefore determine how quickly it gets into your cylinders. And since Nitrous is an oxygen laden fuel, then if you get too much of it into the cylinders due to higher bottle pressures caused by hotter weather conditions, then it can cause a lean condition. And leaning out with nitrous oxide can be disasterous for your engine.

These are generalities I'm talking, but the point is that you have more variables with nitrous oxide than you have with supercharging. And the engine tuner of choice has to allow for those extra variables while setting the tune for your nitrous equipped engine. If he doesn't, then you very well can be looking at a destroyed engine down the road.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I also prefer a blower over nitrous.

How many of you guys plan to remove your kits and put your car back to stock before selling it?

If the blower is removed is there any resale value of it on ebay? I have kept all my stock parts to do this but plan to leave the fuel pump and injectors in when I do it. (This question is not meant to turn into a debate about which supercharger is easier to remove).

I think I could recoup some of the money on the blower by reselling it, but not the other mods I already have. I do not know how much more people will be willing to pay down the road for these things over and above the book value of the car.

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
Procharger#1

Tmac, I would think the car would be worth more with your documentation of Procharger kit #1, parting it out may bring you less.

A lot of people like to have the first one you might be losing out on some cash if you disassemble the car.

KB#1 is an expensive car SGT Mac has it. get a plaque denoting #1 and you'd probably clean up

David Morton

Established Member
I'm with you Billy about the 460 and the gas mileage. My theoretical 460 is solely for that 0-60' contest prize. Grand Marquis (low stall) torque convertor, Mickey Thompson 15" slicks and 4.88 gears. (Maybe 5.12s)

Now we're cookin' with gas! :burnout:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BigMerc said:
Tmac, I would think the car would be worth more with your documentation of Procharger kit #1, parting it out may bring you less.

Inevitably the day will come to sell in the future, the far future. I guess the smartest thing to do is try to sell it with the blower first and see how much I can get. I can always remove the blower later to sell or put in another car.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
David Morton said:
I'm with you Billy about the 460 and the gas mileage. My theoretical 460 is solely for that 0-60' contest prize. Grand Marquis (low stall) torque convertor, Mickey Thompson 15" slicks and 4.88 gears. (Maybe 5.12s)

Now we're cookin' with gas! :burnout:
LOL... that's what I find so impressive about the Ford GT supercar.....it can do 0-60 MPH in 3.6 seconds in it's factory stock configuration with the stock street tires, while at the same time attain top speeds of 200+ MPH. And the car isn't even a drag car. It's strong point is it's handling. That's what you can do with more engine displacement, a twin screw supercharger, and a car that's 900 LBS lighter than a Marauder is. Too bad you have to be a millionaire to own one. :rolleyes:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
BigMerc said:

A lot of people like to have the first one you might be losing out on some cash if you disassemble the car.

KB#1 is an expensive car SGT Mac has it. get a plaque denoting #1 and you'd probably clean up
Any car that I own in which I enjoy driving as much as I do my Marauder, and that I've put as much time and work into as I have into my Marauder, I would always sell the way it is w/out removing parts from it first. Cars of this caliber are like a family pet to me, and when I sell them, I want the person buying it to not only take good care of it, but to also enjoy it as much as I have. So for me, removing the supercharger would be absolutely out of the question regardless of how much it sells for. I want my Marauder to be a representative of what supercharged Marauders can do even after I sell it to someone else. I especially want ricer boys everywhere who dare to go up against it to feel the agony and embarassment of defeat, so that they know what a 4,200 LB V8 muscle car can do.

And if I'm going to start pulling parts off of it before I sell it, then why stop at the supercharger? Why not yank the Kooks headers off, as well as the Stallion torque converter to replace them with the factory stock counterparts? NOT in my line of thinking at all. I created a monster of a car, and I want it to remain that monster for others to enjoy also even after I no longer own it. So even though I installed my Trilogy supercharger myself, yanking off the supercharger in order to sell the car is something that I wouldn't even consider regardless of how easy or how difficult it might be.

I guess I'm just very enthusiastic about this supercharger, because I just couldn't bring myself to remove it from this car even in the event of selling it.The car is just simply so much better with it on there, that even the mere thought of removing it is like defiling it to me. I guess I'm just a car nut. What can I say?

Last edited:

David Morton

Established Member
BillyGman said:
LOL... that's what I find so impressive about the Ford GT supercar.....it can do 0-60 MPH in 3.6 seconds in it's factory stock configuration with the stock street tires, while at the same time attain top speeds of 200+ MPH. And the car isn't even a drag car. It's strong point is it's handling. That's what you can do with more engine displacement, a twin screw supercharger, and a car that's 900 LBS lighter than a Marauder is. Too bad you have to be a millionaire to own one. :rolleyes:
You mean I couldn't get financing?

:cryying:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
David Morton said:
You mean I couldn't get financing?

:cryying:
You might laugh at this, but after getting a ride in one, I wanted one of them so badly, that I looked into finanacing, and found a place that finances exotic cars for up to 18 years. But the monthly loan payments still would've been like a mortgage payment. A sizeable mortgage payment. That's when I finally realized that I was just dreaming. :nonono:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
BillyGman said:
You might laugh at this, but after getting a ride in one, I wanted one of them so badly, that I looked into finanacing, and found a place that finances exotic cars for up to 18 years. But the monthly loan payments still would've been like a mortgage payment. A sizeable mortgage payment. That's when I finally realized that I was just dreaming. :nonono:

Billy-you could always sell your house, live in the car, and just pitch a tent in my brother's driveway! I'll give him a call!!!

:lol: :lol:

DJP

Established Member
BillyGman said:

Yikes. And after you work up a sweat paying off those monthly notes for 18 years, you get to wrestle with that other 2 headed monster called insurance for another 18.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
Billy-you could always sell your house, live in the car, and just pitch a tent in my brother's driveway! I'll give him a call!!!

:lol: :lol:
And that's precisely the only way that I'd be able to afford a Ford GT. So much for that idea. And yes, the insurance and possible maintainence of the car is a whole other ball of wax. Although, I must comment on the fact that I called my insurance company once about the possibility of insuring a Dodge Voper, and I was surprised to hear that it would only have costed me $200 per year more than my Marauder does.(NOT that I'd want a Viper...I don't like V-10 engines).

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Yes, the "Voper" is the newest model. :D Okay, you got me...what can I say? I fat fingered the keyboard again.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Any car that I own in which I enjoy driving as much as I do my Marauder, and that I've put as much time and work into as I have into my Marauder, I would always sell the way it is w/out removing parts from it first.

Thanks for starting that thread about "Supercharger Removal" on the other site Billy. I found it to be interesting reading, sort of split 50/50 for and against.

I also found DR's post to be a little humorous in that he reads into the topic that there is another issue behind the question of removal (now he can claim the Procharger Kit is problematic behind the scenes with even more gusto as I was the one who brought the question up) or why else would it be done?

The answer is simple, it is very simple to take off my Procharger kit within a couple of hours and I could get a couple of grand for it someday or put the blower on my next modded car and save some cash. Sorry DR, there is nothing wrong with my car ;-)

I do plan on keeping the car for a long time as it is running fantastic, but there will come a point in time to sell it, and the blower kit could come off in a couple of hours. I would leave all other parts on it or sell it with the blower for the right price.

Users who are viewing this thread