where to go on a honeymoon

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
I just came back from my honeymoon in cancun about 3 weeks ago. We stayed for 7 nights all inclusive at the sun palace and it was amazing. It cost about $1800 and it has just about any food you can think of and its unlimited! Its all adults so no kids screaming or splashing water in your face. I had an amazing time and living in georgia myself, it was nice to have 7 days on the beach.

onebadsvt

Established Member
thanks for all the input guys, im thinking something with a beach because my fiance loves putting on a bikini. and i dont mind her in one lol!

as for the people talking about north ga mountain cabins. i wish she liked that more because i live in a cabin in the mountains with a river in my back yard so close i can fish off the porch, so thats eliminated.

Im mainly debating between a cruise or just driving down to a rental in florida like ormand beach, ana-maria island, clear water, ponte vedra or somewhere! Im trying to get out with every penny spent being less than $1500, because were pretty young, i go to school fulltime and work fulltime so i dont have a job making $$$$ yet, i have about another 1.5 years untill that. i thought a cruise would be fun since we have been on 5 florida trips in the last 3 years, but i just have never been on one, so didnt know how much fun it would be since i dont really see having alot of privacy on a ship with 500 other couples etc and excursions. How has everyone else liked cruises?

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
thanks for all the input guys, im thinking something with a beach because my fiance loves putting on a bikini. and i dont mind her in one lol!

as for the people talking about north ga mountain cabins. i wish she liked that more because i live in a cabin in the mountains with a river in my back yard so close i can fish off the porch, so thats eliminated.

Im mainly debating between a cruise or just driving down to a rental in florida like ormand beach, ana-maria island, clear water, ponte vedra or somewhere! Im trying to get out with every penny spent being less than $1500, because were pretty young, i go to school fulltime and work fulltime so i dont have a job making $$$$ yet, i have about another 1.5 years untill that. i thought a cruise would be fun since we have been on 5 florida trips in the last 3 years, but i just have never been on one, so didnt know how much fun it would be since i dont really see having alot of privacy on a ship with 500 other couples etc and excursions. How has everyone else liked cruises?

I am somewhat antisocial and I absolutely love being on a cruise.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Being you're in Georgia, drive to Tampa or Jacksonville and take a cheap cruise. You can likely get a 7 day carnival cruise for $600 pp. That way it includes your room, food, and travel. Pretty economical.

Edit: I just checked Carnival's site and there is a 7 day Caribbean cruise from Tampa for $569.00 pp in Sept.

This. We just booked a cruise and with my mil discount the total for airfare and 5 day cruise from Miami to Cococay and Bermuda was $942. For 2 people that isn't bad.

jonw357

Established Member
Hawaii is cheap right now. The tsunami has hurt Hawaii in tourism. It was one of Japan's number tourist spots for them to go on vacation. I am staying 5 nights with airfare and hotel on the Waikiki Beach for a little over $1,800. You can stay a block off the beach for $1,500 easy.

Grimster

Established Member
wife and I did the Sandals all-inclusive thing in Jamaica. If I recall if was around $4000 total for a week including airfare. It was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread