where to go on a honeymoon

onebadsvt

Established Member
okay so i am getting married in a couple months, and unfortunaltly im paying for the entire wedding out of pocket, so iamscraping pennies to pay for everything.I was curious if anyone had any recomendations fo a honeymoon on a budget etc. where has anyone else gone etc...

Mika

Established Member
+1 on what TJSWoboda said. Vegas is very doable on a budget(less than $2k). If you really want to save money, go during the week. Rooms and flights will be cheaper, and while you may pay for shows, some places will give away free tickets. Food is something you can get away with on a budget as well, but if you got $2k, you shouldn't have to go too cheap every meal.

If I was springing for the wedding, I'd do what I could to have it at the courthouse since the in laws aren't able to or are unwilling to help out. Not trying to be mean, but realistic.

Mika

GTermi

Established Member
I am getting married in October and Im going to Ireland and England for my honeymoon. If you love the beach I would go to Maui Hawaii. Most beautiful place I have ever been.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
okay so i am getting married in a couple months, and unfortunaltly im paying for the entire wedding out of pocket, so iamscraping pennies to pay for everything.I was curious if anyone had any recomendations fo a honeymoon on a budget etc. where has anyone else gone etc...

How much are you looking to spend? What do you like to do? Are you the type that likes to lounge around or do you like to be more active/outdoorsey?...

IOW's need more 411.

cinch1985

Established Member
getting married in coco beach florida next june and then goin on a cruise. how deal is goin to cost me around 6500. i also have to pay for all of it myself so i told both families i dont care what you want im paying for it so we did what we wanted too.

MachsFastr

Established Member

Guessing you are in Georgia still. If money is tight and given that a couple of months means Oct.-Nov., get a cabin in the "mountains" of north Ga or a little further up. Find one on a stream/river w/hot tub. Beautiful that time of year.

ludbg

Established Member
puerto vallarta mexico will come out to like 2k for both with everything for a week :))

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Being you're in Georgia, drive to Tampa or Jacksonville and take a cheap cruise. You can likely get a 7 day carnival cruise for $600 pp. That way it includes your room, food, and travel. Pretty economical.

Edit: I just checked Carnival's site and there is a 7 day Caribbean cruise from Tampa for $569.00 pp in Sept.

oldmodman

Established Member
Everyone has missed the most important thing of all.:shrug:

Someplace your friends cannot find you.

Think about it. Couldn't your friends screw up a wet dream?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Guessing you are in Georgia still. If money is tight and given that a couple of months means Oct.-Nov., get a cabin in the "mountains" of north Ga or a little further up. Find one on a stream/river w/hot tub. Beautiful that time of year.

That's a good idea- I was going to suggest a week in Gatlinberg Tn or maybe Myrtle Beach. Adams idea is pretty good too.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Being you're in Georgia, drive to Tampa or Jacksonville and take a cheap cruise. You can likely get a 7 day carnival cruise for $600 pp. That way it includes your room, food, and travel. Pretty economical.

Edit: I just checked Carnival's site and there is a 7 day Caribbean cruise from Tampa for $569.00 pp in Sept.

This. Can't go wrong with a cruise. If you and your girl like to drink, have a few hundred for that, drinks add up fast.:beer:

djclark

Established Member
Captiva Island Resorts - South Seas Island Resort & Yacht Harbor - Captiva Resort Vacations

Romantic and laid back. Beach, Dinner etc...

Key West Hotels | Key West Resorts | Pier House Resort & Spa ( caribbean spa )

More fun. Ghost tours, glass bottom boat, pirates soul museum ( awesome burgers in the restaurant next door ), bars etc...

Planter

Banned
the bedroom. so get all you can right now, while you have the chance, because after the honeymoon is over, she owns your ass for life and she dictates when you will get some, and how often.

MachsFastr

Established Member
the bedroom. so get all you can right now, while you have the chance, because after the honeymoon is over, she owns your ass for life and she dictates when you will get some, and how often.

...unless you're good at it. Then they want it all the time, trust me! :banana:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Cruise./End thread.

OP, it's also not a big deal to put it off 6 months-year if it helps to have a nicer honeymoon.

Users who are viewing this thread