Where to get used/localTeksid 96-98 block?

Jpjr

Established Member
No, motor is not blown. :coolman: Should I start with some local speed shops or start calling junk yards? If anyone has a guess, please post up.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Some friendly advice... don't narrow your field down to just 96-98's. According to guys in the New Edge section quite a few 99's had Teksid blocks as well, and even some 01's.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Dude I can't believe you blew your engine.
Were you over cooling it?

Did you look under your car you may have one under there already?
:burn:
JP

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
JP said:
...snip...

[wiping tears]that is fcking brutal[/wiping tears]

:lol: x 675467

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Jpjr said:
No, motor is not blown. :coolman: Should I start with some local speed shops or start calling junk yards? If anyone has a guess, please post up.

Aren't you going to drive that car a little? It seems like it is in a constant state of wrenching. For only 85 lbs weight savings its probably not worth it to go aluminum for longevity issues. Delete the a/c, buy lighter seats, battery in trunk, rear seat delete. There is you're 85 lbs easy right there. Karkraft is a ripoff @ $2500 for a teksid block.

Jpjr

Established Member
JP said:
Dude I can't believe you blew your engine.
Were you over cooling it?

:burn:
JP

I guess this is the thanks I get for helping you out. :shrug:

Jpjr

Established Member
plan b said:
Aren't you going to drive that car a little? It seems like it is in a constant state of wrenching. For only 85 lbs weight savings its probably not worth it to go aluminum for longevity issues. Delete the a/c, buy lighter seats, battery in trunk, rear seat delete. There is you're 85 lbs easy right there. Karkraft is a ripoff @ $2500 for a teksid block.

That's the point... bare used Teksid blocks are going for under $500 right now. I priced it out.. and can rebuild a motor cheaper than gutting my current one. This will allow me to *drive* the car rather than having it constantly on blocks. The engine in the car right now is 100% fine.

Jpjr

Established Member
JP said:
:p
You know I love ya like a Brother.

JP

Will you love me even if my twin-subframe, twin-57mm Cobra wins the sibling rivalry next Summer? Unless I can get a great deal on a blower that's probably where I'm headed :beer:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Jpjr said:
Will you love me even if my twin-subframe, twin-57mm Cobra wins the sibling rivalry next Summer? Unless I can get a great deal on a blower that's probably where I'm headed :beer:

YES
Because I never seen you at the track. :nonono:
And I got mad driving skillz.

JP

Jpjr

Established Member
FS MACH 1 said:
how many do you want ?????

looking for one virgin ford teksid used block in the best condition possible. good condition is more important to me than low miles.

not sure if there were any variations.. i'm looking for the 4.6 block that i can swap directly into my 03 cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread