Where to get tuning checked??

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Actually, Chuck showed me a station up here that sells 100 and 110......or 117..dont remember..but they have 100 for sure...2 minutes from my house

rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
What station has 100, 110 or 117? That's airplane octane numbers and if you get caught putting that in your gas tank you gonna be in big trouble, boy howdy. The tax man doesn't like to be sidestepped.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Nelson Petroleum in Arlington. They dont let you pump it in the car, but you can pump it in a can and then put it on your car, or bring your car on a trailer and pump it in....I beleive the 110 is leaded though

rick

ChuckBlowers

Established Member
I used to buy the 118 at Nelson by the can. Ran it all the time. You cant beat the smell and the way it turns your chrome bumbers blue. If you run 118 you can prob get at least 5 degrees more advance.

ChuckBlowers

Established Member
mean saleen said:
U cant find 100 Octane anywhere. Why would u want that abyways?

You cannot run as much advance on 92 octane as you can w/ 110/118 etc. I used to use it in my camaro so I wouldnt have the possiblity of detonation while running the n2o. My Nova was 13.5:1 and I had to run at least 110 octane.

Screw the tax man :bash: they get enough of my $$$$

Marty98z

Established Member
i forget the name of the place but it's at exit 225 on I-5 sells 110 and 116 by the gallon. I believe it's a truck shop of sorts. I'll get the name later.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
mean saleen said:
Any tunning done yet?

Unfortunately, illness struck again this week; missed 2 days of work. Doc called last night and said chest x-rays showed some white spots indicating pneumonia...changed my antibiotics, so should be on the mend. Soooo, I have not made it to the dyno yet. Sunny day today, so I drove it to work. It idles and responds so well .... if there is a problem with A/F, it would have to be minor. Feeling that rearend break loose and slide sideways is the best medicine I can think of!!! :D

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
RickSvt said:
dont use octane booster, it will change the color of your plugs. If you want to increase your octane, please get the 100 or more octane gas.......

I meant to ask this last week....other than changing the color of the plugs, are there any issues with performance, ie. spark, fouling.....? Color change does not concern me if the performance of the plug remains good. Thanks!

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
mean saleen said:
Wanna Race?

The 2003 are great cars!! Saleens even nicer! What rwhp are you getting these days? Just recieved the boost and fuel pressure guages from Kenne Bell last night. As soon as I figure out what wires to splice, it will be good to see what boost and fuel pressure I am actually getting. This summer I will have to make the trip across the Sound and hook up with you guys at some sort of function. Will be great to check out your rides!! :beer:

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yell98CobraVert said:
The 2003 are great cars!! Saleens even nicer! What rwhp are you getting these days? Just recieved the boost and fuel pressure guages from Kenne Bell last night. As soon as I figure out what wires to splice, it will be good to see what boost and fuel pressure I am actually getting. This summer I will have to make the trip across the Sound and hook up with you guys at some sort of function. Will be great to check out your rides!! :beer:

Thanx, Should be 350-370RWHP As is. Find out on the 7th. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread