Where to get a license plate cover??

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
We are talking about a tinted cover here. Not a reflective photo radar device. Correct?I have one on my '04. It is tinted, not much, you can see the plate numbers very clearly. However, it looks much better than just the plate. You can pick one up at any auto parts store, or Wal Mart. If a cop pulls you over for that, it would be some ticky tack shit. I have had cops driving right behind me, and nothing has come of it.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
67scstang said:
We are talking about a tinted cover here. Not a reflective photo radar device. Correct?I have one on my '04. It is tinted, not much, you can see the plate numbers very clearly. However, it looks much better than just the plate. You can pick one up at any auto parts store, or Wal Mart. If a cop pulls you over for that, it would be some ticky tack shit. I have had cops driving right behind me, and nothing has come of it.

Good deal THATS the info I was looking for (along w/ what other said).....I just think the plain clear ones look too dirty quickly and the smoked ones look alittle "cleaner".....THX for all the POSITIVE info......Ill head out tomm and hook myself up.....JT

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
JTSVT said:
Good deal THATS the info I was looking for (along w/ what other said).....I just think the plain clear ones look too dirty quickly and the smoked ones look alittle "cleaner".....THX for all the POSITIVE info......Ill head out tomm and hook myself up.....JT

LOL...you asked for something to "disguise" a lil bit "'cuz ya never know", when all you wanted was a tinted cover. Geez man, make up your mind. :poke: :lol1:

Go here for the best covers, they come with a gasket, and protect your plate (tint yourself for the exact shade you want...c'mon you know you want to):

http://www.weathertech.com/

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
BTW I was pulled over two days ago here in cali (got off thank god) and he didn't say jack about my exhaust or my plate cover. I belive my plate cover is 35%.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
JTSVT said:
Me a prick??....Gee since when is asking for some suggestions on gettin a license plate cover then being told "why would you do whats illegal yada-yada-yada"....You know I think Im just gonna have to laugh at little internet pansies like you.....Im about 250% sure you wouldnt open your ****ing mouth if I was in front of you......once again, stop posting here fagot..... :lol: ---JT

ENOUGH!!!! Bad attitude. :poke: Save your attitude for smackdown not other forums here. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread