Where to get a license plate cover??

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Im looking to get a TINTED license plate cover...of course not something crazy, but none the less something that will "disguse" alittle bit (hey ya just never know)>.....If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated!---JT

JTSVT

Established Member
Euphoric One said:
To protect against the photo speeding tickets?

LMAO.....I was gonna say that but I figured he just didnt get it.....and to clarify I never said I was gonna buy it :nono: I said it was "intriguing".....AND I asked for some suggestions on where to get one, not some meaningless comment :rolleyes: ----JT

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Its not a comment, its a question make the difference matter. And I wasnt even referring to that ebay link.

JTSVT

Established Member
Sooo since when is a tinted/smoked cover illegal....I see them on cars all the dame time.....and why would you ask a question w/ a question???....Im asking the damn question, if ya dont have the answer why bother???......

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
JTSVT said:
Sooo since when is a tinted/smoked cover illegal....I see them on cars all the dame time.....and why would you ask a question w/ a question???....Im asking the damn question, if ya dont have the answer why bother???......

I see people speed all the time, doesnt mean its automatically legal. But, here ya go, knock yourself out with the other shit, but your asking for it with anything tinted or smoked.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
They get real pissy about plate covers in Minnesota too. You wouldn't get long with a tinted one on in the TC Metro and surrounding suburbs. I see 'em here-n-there sure... but it's a ticket just waiting to happen.

I got cracked an a bad judgment call on my part a few summers ago when I installed a smoked front plate cover. I didn't get an hour out of it and went to the worst spot to go for such an offense (a cruise spot) and got ticketed for that, headlight covers (no longer run @ night), didn't have my current ins. card with, and he griped about the nekked chick air freshener I had on the mirror :rolleyes:
I got out of all of 'em listed, but the clear cover went back on in place of the tinted one that night.

On that note, I think their (the fuzz) main gripe about covers is the possibility of it interferring with the laser bing pointed at your plate. That is the first thing they try for because of it's high reflective ability on the plate. It sends back an instant reading to their radar/laser guns. So they can tend to get upset when you cover the plate w/a cover.

That all being said: Do I have plate covers? Damn straight. Clear front plate covers (front plate state) over the Cobra and the GMC. I'm not paying $109.00 for vanity plates and not protecting them without some sort of cover. I've been pulled over numerous times, in 2 states, and the clear front plate covers are yet to be mentioned to me. They're more concerned with the big speed tickets for me.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I don't know what's at the eBay link, but there is supposed to be some sort of spray for license plates that will make them less reflective, but the application is mostly for the Gatso Boxes (oblique angle puts them at a disadvantage when taking a picture).

JTSVT

Established Member
azgardia said:
I see people speed all the time, doesnt mean its automatically legal. But, here ya go, knock yourself out with the other shit, but your asking for it with anything tinted or smoked.

OK so we went from license plate covers to speeding???.....AGAIN I never asked about what you thought about me buying a cover, I asked WHERE to get one....Im a big boy and I know the consequences....Stop posting your useless shit on my thread..... :loser:

epix

Established Member
I bought mine at a local Advance Auto for under $10..
Got pulled over here in MI after a few months of using it, cop just told me to take it off.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
JTSVT said:
OK so we went from license plate covers to speeding???.....AGAIN I never asked about what you thought about me buying a cover, I asked WHERE to get one....Im a big boy and I know the consequences....Stop posting your useless shit on my thread..... :loser:

Obviously you dont, since I had to tell you now didn't I? Take the advice at face value and dont be a prick.

JTSVT

Established Member
azgardia said:
Obviously you dont, since I had to tell you now didn't I? Take the advice at face value and dont be a prick.

Me a prick??....Gee since when is asking for some suggestions on gettin a license plate cover then being told "why would you do whats illegal yada-yada-yada"....You know I think Im just gonna have to laugh at little internet pansies like you.....Im about 250% sure you wouldnt open your ****ing mouth if I was in front of you......once again, stop posting here fagot..... :lol: ---JT

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Don't quit, I got a tinted one at Autozone, and one at Advanced auto parts also. They are not radically tinted, but enough that the plate doesn't seem like such an eye sore. It was only $5 at both stores.

Users who are viewing this thread