Where to buy kit from?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Has anyone heard anything about STS? I saw a build on a C5 vette and it made great power. The only thing is you have get a tuner kit since they don't make a complete kit for pre S197 Mustangs.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Has anyone heard anything about STS? I saw a build on a C5 vette and it made great power. The only thing is you have get a tuner kit since they don't make a complete kit for pre S197 Mustangs.

STS sucks! I know a couple Gm guys that will tell you that!

red03dave

Established Member
check out www.turbomustangs.com (now turboforums.com) has a huge list of kits for modular 2V and 4V along with pushrod 302's. What is cool is that is has feedback on who are the scam artists and who has good/bad customer service and it is a national list, the guy who runs this site had a turbo fox way back in the day before it was even remotely common turboing mustangs. Site has tons of info, but if you want a bolt on kit, you can't really beat hellion's thoroughness IMO.

high_up1

Established Member
A guy local to me ordered and HP kit in November. He is still waiting for it now. They have sent parts that have been wrong, sent it bit by bit, damaged, etc. That guy Nathan won't do anything for him and he is car will be down for a year minimum before its all straightened out. Thats why I went with Hellion. Had it all in 2 weeks.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if it takes another year to get the parts. Nathan is an A$$HOLE. I would never recommend them.

I agree 100%. Here's the people I plan to have build mine. Anyone heard anything about them?

http://www.bbracecars.com/

no personal experience with bbracecars but they came highly recommended to me from people who have used them.

01killercobra

Established Member
If you can find someone that can build a custom kit then thats the way to go. I have a shop that is close to me that builds killer custom kits. If I did it custom it would have cost approx the same as my Hellion kit cost me after the modifications I made and plan to make which is not bad at all.

what shop are you talking about ? I am starting to plan my build an seriously considering a custom kit instead of getting the hellion just to change out half the kit..
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread