Where to buy denso iridium plugs?

boostmonkey

Established Member
Where can I order a set of IT20 or IT22 denso plugs> Which ones are some of you guys running? I am stock besides catback and K & N

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by boostmonkey
which ones should I run??????
The IT-16 would be the recommended plug if you're stock. You're not far from it so you could go with a set of IT-20s. That is what I'm running now but since installing mine I added a 2.90" pulley and a chip. So I am probably going to move to a set of IT-22s.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
go to denso's site. they will tell you a local dealer and give the tips on plugs and it has a chart for your car.

thats where i got mine. they are worth the 11 bucks a plug
J

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I thought there is a standard everone sticks with for heat range. Every so many extra lbs of boost drop colder heat range unless you just running light duty street and are not out for constant WOT track.

The others here will give you best advice that have run them changed heat ranges rather than a guy behind the counter. Just a thought so you can maybe listen to both make your decision for your 80 bucks.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraRed
Should I go with the IT22 plug? What should I gap it at? I make 452RWHP 472RWTQ - 2.93 pulley

i run the IT22 plugs and really like them,now for your gap i would of said .035 over a month ago would be fine but after i went to the dyno with mine set at .035 i layed down a respectable 457 rwhp 488 rwtq but i had some minor spark blowout up top.rick suggested i try again with a .032 gap and go from there so i just installed my IT22's @ .030 last wknd will re-dyno sometime to make sure the blowout is gone.try yours at .035 to start with most have no spark blowout with that gap,heck as far as i know i believe i'am the only one getting spark blowout using a .035 gap on a 2.75 pulley as i've seen no posts about others with that happening.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by wuplash
http://www.outrageousperformance.com they will gap them for you $5.00 extra a set.

They are the cheapest I have found 68 for a set shipped. I just ordered my second set from Tom a couple days ago.

Originally posted by 03CobraRed
Should I go with the IT22 plug? What should I gap it at? I make 452RWHP 472RWTQ - 2.93 pulley

I would give Tom at Outrageous a call he has been doing this for a while and knows the correct combination for any set-up.

Originally posted by Davesnake
I notice a lot of guys useing the NGK TR6's. Why are the Denso's so much better....or are they?

Dave

Denso's are the recommended sparkplug by Kenne Bell and several other vendors. Diablo also told me that it is the best plugs to use.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by wuplash
i run the IT22 plugs and really like them,now for your gap i would of said .035 over a month ago would be fine but after i went to the dyno with mine set at .035 i layed down a respectable 457 rwhp 488 rwtq but i had some minor spark blowout up top.rick suggested i try again with a .032 gap and go from there so i just installed my IT22's @ .030 last wknd will re-dyno sometime to make sure the blowout is gone.try yours at .035 to start with most have no spark blowout with that gap,heck as far as i know i believe i'am the only one getting spark blowout using a .035 gap on a 2.75 pulley as i've seen no posts about others with that happening.
My IT-20s are gapped at .037 but I know of some who used .035. I'm going to check with Tom at Outrageous to get his input as well on the IT-22s.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just talked to Tom at Outrageous.com. Great guy. He took the time to give me a lot of good info on plugs and gapping in general. Here are a couple of comments that might be of value.

1. When changing plugs on a chipped car, always go back to the shop that burnt the chip and ask them which heat range they recommend. Degrees of timing, for example, can play into whether or not a plug one range colder would be better.

2. If you're running 14 lbs. of boost or less, (generally) the IT-20 plug is ideal. The IT-22 works better with boost of more than 14 lbs.

3. If you're running extra boost with the IT-20 use a gap of 0.034-.035 to prevent spark blowout at higher RPMs.

I was impressed that Tom didn't just try to sell me a new set of Denso plugs. He recommended with my mods that I stay with the IT-20s I have and re-gap them to .034-.035. Which is what I'm going to do.

Tom's a wealth of info. And a nice guy to talk to.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I just talked to Tom at Outrageous.com. Great guy. He took the time to give me a lot of good info on plugs and gapping in general. Here are a couple of comments that might be of value.

1. When changing plugs on a chipped car, always go back to the shop that burnt the chip and ask them which heat range they recommend. Degrees of timing, for example, can play into whether or not a plug one range colder would be better.

2. If you're running 14 lbs. of boost or less, (generally) the IT-20 plug is ideal. The IT-22 works better with boost of more than 14 lbs.

3. If you're running extra boost with the IT-20 use a gap of 0.034-.035 to prevent spark blowout at higher RPMs.

I was impressed that Tom didn't just try to sell me a new set of Denso plugs. He recommended with my mods that I stay with the IT-20s I have and re-gap them to .034-.035. Which is what I'm going to do.

Tom's a wealth of info. And a nice guy to talk to.

cobrabob.i agree tom wants to help us out he is the one that recomended i go down to .030 on the IT22's and went on to say they have been running some like that with great success.i plan on adding a 4lb lower so i stayed with the IT22's:burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread