Where to buy a coyote motor and your thoughts?

oufan2929

Established Member
My buddy has basically a rolling '05 GT mustang. He is wanting to sell everything off of it and go w/a coyote motor/tranny. We're having a hard time sourcing one besides going straight through ford. Plans are a 12rib procharger setup and then eventually building the bottom end to mimic the "fastlanes" 9sec. build. What are your thoughts? What all is needed besides the computer? Anyone know where to buy a wrecked setup? Thanks--Andy

wazslow

Established Member
Why spend 6 or 7 grand on a stock 5.0 motor when you could build a motor with good internals? I dont get it. If your starting from scratch build a bottom end now.

oufan2929

Established Member
Why spend 6 or 7 grand on a stock 5.0 motor when you could build a motor with good internals? I dont get it. If your starting from scratch build a bottom end now.

VVT and other technology is partly the reason. Uniqueness is another... Just want to do something different...

WILDF6

Established Member
My buddy has basically a rolling '05 GT mustang. He is wanting to sell everything off of it and go w/a coyote motor/tranny. We're having a hard time sourcing one besides going straight through ford. Plans are a 12rib procharger setup and then eventually building the bottom end to mimic the "fastlanes" 9sec. build. What are your thoughts? What all is needed besides the computer? Anyone know where to buy a wrecked setup? Thanks--Andy

wHAT DID THE CAR GO FOR

Users who are viewing this thread