Where to buy 1993 Mustang Cobra Replacement parts?

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Hey everyone!!! My birthday is coming up on the 19th and I need to make a list for my wife. I am trying to restore my 1993 Mustang Cobra with oem or good reproduction parts. Can any of you give me some credible websites in which to order. Thanks for your time.

Randy
1993 Cobra
Modded :rockon:

Tank5879

Established Member
i have some nos stuff...let me know what your looking for and maybe i can help!

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I am currently working on replacing the interior with new parts, such as the scuff plates, interior light cover, hatchback light cover, door handles, arm rests and carpet plus the outter door handles are faded bad. I hope to replace some of the missing screws too. I am replacing the vinyl seats with 2001 Cobra leather seats with power track. My car will be a restomod due to it's previous history. Thanks for you time and help.

Randy. :rockon:

Tank5879

Established Member
some of that stuff is still avalible from ford...door handles should be, but carpet/other interior stuff may be obsolete, and you may have to check ebay for NOS stuff. good luck

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
It will take some time, but I will have most of the exterior and interior back to stock 1993 Cobra form. I need to change the speedometer cluster from a white background to the original black background. This will probably be hard to do, considering I am a novice Mustang mechanic/electrician. Have any of you performed this task before? All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of the help.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Regarding the cluster. Shop your local salvage yards, or watch ebay for the complete cluster. That is the easiest way to do it. Most likely, the white overlays were used in place of the original black overlays, meaning they pulled off the old originals.

A new (used) cluster will run you 50-75 bux on ebay, maybe less at a scrapyard if you get lucky. Remember to get one from a 90-93 car with airbags - the older models are different.

Check with "Speedfreek" on this board, as he has some cars he's parting out. Remember also that the interior wasn't unique on the 93 Cobra - it was garden variety GT stuff. However, 93 did have unique seats compared to 90-91 cars. 93 Was also the only year of "Opal Grey" if your car has a grey interior...

blueSHAKER

Established Member
Lets hope that you get lucky with the overlays. Most of those kits that I have seen lay right on top of the original. Just pull the needle, lay it down, and stick the needle back on there.

blueSHAKER

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
My car has the Opel grey interior. I appreciat all of the help. Do any of you know if there is a website I could reference to show me how to remove my instrument cluster? I will look behind the white overlay to see if it is covering the original overlay. If it is I will have to shop eBay. I am looking forward to attending a Mustang show soon.

Thanks for all of your help,

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Randy Odom said:
My car has the Opel grey interior. I appreciat all of the help. Do any of you know if there is a website I could reference to show me how to remove my instrument cluster? I will look behind the white overlay to see if it is covering the original overlay. If it is I will have to shop eBay. I am looking forward to attending a Mustang show soon.

Thanks for all of your help,

Drive that Cobra down to Central,FL and let a Factory Ford certified tech do it and show you how !

Its not that hard to do at all. But I will teach ya how.

All of my tools are home now, not just the shity ones that do the trick in a pinch, but I mean ALL of the tools. ;-)

blueSHAKER

Established Member
Randy Odom said:
My car has the Opel grey interior. I appreciate all of the help. Do any of you know if there is a website I could reference to show me how to remove my instrument cluster? I will look behind the white overlay to see if it is covering the original overlay. If it is I will have to shop eBay. I am looking forward to attending a Mustang show soon.

Randy.

I will be at the National Pensacola Mustang show the last weekend in March with one of my '70 mach1's and my blown Black '93 Cobra...hope to see you there (along with others)!

Birmingham MCA Anniversary show in September.

blueSHAKER

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
It's really easy to pull the cluster. Here's a few pix of my install:

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=5&ppuser=37979

Basically, just pull a bunch of screws, including the cluster surround, trim panels on top and bottom of steering wheel, knee panel on the bottom of the dash.

Other than EL GLO versions of overlays, most of them require removing the original overlays, since they have to be backlit.

Trust me when I say you'll be better off getting a new cluster unless yours are EL glo version. I've had two different sets of faces on mine, btw.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
The instrument overlays seem to be just the covers. They definitely are not the nice glow guages. I just hope that the oem cover is still behind the aftermarket overlays. Thanks for the help and information. I will try to work on it this week-end.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the originals are behind. Most of the aftermarket ones are adhesive backed, anyway.

Fair warning - it you get in there and start popping the needles off, the oil pressure and fuel level needles WILL move and not spring back to their original location. You have to take CAREFUL notes of where they are. Then, when you pop the needles, you have to be VERY careful not to move them. It's kind of tedious.

If you get a replacement, you just match them up to your current readings - which are prob. off a little as well, since you don't know how well the previous owner did during the R&R.

Tank5879

Established Member
Haha...thanks man....I couldnt resist...the St. Anger one was gettin old. Now if i can just get it to work on my AOL instant messenger!!!

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
i have some nos stuff...let me know what your looking for and maybe i can help!

Bro, do you have a pair of NOS grey cobra floor mats? If so--let ME know!

Thanks thanks thanks
Batman

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Post a list of the NOS 93 Cobra Mustang parts you have for sale and I can determine if I need any of them. :rockon: Thanks for your time and responses.

Randy.

Users who are viewing this thread