Where the Sox fans

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
If you've been watching him over his career with the Sox you've probably seen something that'll be tough to equal. Some of the things he did were nothing short of amazing. That said I think Theo has proven in his short time on the job to have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his player personnel decisions.

Theo basically offered him what he was originally asking for and the Mets gave him more so it's a business decision and I think he got it right but only time will tell. The Yankees seemed to have his number recently and we play them a lot. The question is who will they get to replace him and is DLowe totally of the screen?

John

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
El Pedro is El Gone-o. His delicate arm will last a lot longer over in the national league.

I think he is a good pitcher, but his attitude sucks. I'd rather have Tim Hudson.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Pedro was the most dominating pitcher for a few years but his best days are behind him.
Maybe the change will do him good, it certainly did good for Roger.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
MassCobra said:
Pedro was the most dominating pitcher for a few years but his best days are behind him.
QUOTE]
thats what they said about Roger and the Babe
and that came back to bite us more than once

cjuni

Established Member
I would have to agree with Mass Cobra, Pedro best days are gone, but on the other hand I hate to see him leave.

And your right bassin247 is alos right I would love to see Tim Hudson here.

Finally who do we have to replace him with is right.......NOT many good pitchers out there to pick from......unless of course they do like the Pat's and find a so so guy that just peaks this season with us (like Brady)........who knows.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
lightninmike said:
MassCobra said:
QUOTE]
thats what they said about Roger and the Babe
and that came back to bite us more than once

They felt that way about clemens but they got rid of the babe because he was such a huge nuisance and problematic. Pedro is not the same pitcher anymore, that is it. If you saw him in the playoffs you would have noticed that he just didnt have his old stuff even when he most needed it, if he didn't have it then, or all season, when is he going to regain it.

He will do well in the NL, with their easier lineups. But the sox will get Burnett or Hudson and be better off in the long-run. Pedro wanted too much for his age and brittleness, the Sox were smart not to pay for him.

Users who are viewing this thread