Where is a good place to work?

18visions

Established Member
Hello everyone. I just moved to Fairfax, VA and I need to get a new job. I'm 17, turning 18 soon and I need to get a job to pay for some of my L. The past jobs I've had have all been on Air Force Bases and I am pretty far away from the nearest one. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on where I should try to get a job?

thanks a lot

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dude be realistic. You are 17 years old with no professional experience or a degree.

Look at places that typically hire 17 year olds. Fast Food place, Supermarkets, Small stores, etc...

Good Luck.

18visions

Established Member
MyZinc: umm I'm not sure. It's probably about 15 minutes to the metro station and another 30-35 until i get to the stop near the White House.

ox: Thanks, I have picked up an application at Best Buy already so I guess I will go to CompUSA aswell.

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
Try UPS...pretty good place, im only 18 and recieving full benefits:
medical, dental etc....as well as discounted stock, tuition assistance and a bunch of other stuff....Oh yea..thats only part time too.

18visions

Established Member
Philip: That sounds like a really cool job. Did you just walk in and ask for an application? What do you have to do?

thanks for the suggestion

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
They had a table set up at school at the end of november for their winter peak season, so I applied and got hired permanetly,
instead of seasonal like some people do. You might want to try to go to your local UPS center and ask for an application. I have had a good time there so far....Im a loader, so basically I get paid to work out for 4-5 hours a day (saturdays & sundays off!!)

GOOD LUCK!:beer:

CobraCallie

Banned
well do you know what you want to do professionally when you get older?

if you want to be a lawyer => go be a receptionist at a lawyer's office..

a doctor => work at a doctor's office as a medical clerk..

etc etc etc...

18visions

Established Member
Callie, I don't know exactly what I want to do yet. Either law inforcement, CIA, or surf bum. I have a chance at doing an internship with a senator this summer though, I'm really hoping for that.

thanks guys

18visions

Established Member
svt4me: you are correct, sir. I've thought about it, and am still undecided. My brother is on a navy scholarship and is going into aviation for them and him and my father are kind of pushing me towards it.

thanks guys

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Dont settle for some crappy job just because its all that jumps out at you. When i was 17 i started working in a call center for Sprint. By my 18th bday i was floor manager and makin $25,000 plus bonuses and full benefits. Get your foot in the door at a big corporation and work up. Now im workin at a major insurance company and makin bundles more, all because of the experiece i got when i was 17.

18visions

Established Member
whoa, that's awesome dude! I must find a job like that. if you have aim, I'd like to talk to you, my s/n is dbandit01

thanks

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Dude be realistic. You are 17 years old with no professional experience or a degree.

Look at places that typically hire 17 year olds. Fast Food place, Supermarkets, Small stores, etc...

Good Luck.
Good point, but if you started working at 14 llike I did you could have had your 1st Professional job when you were 18, kinda like me :D

I would say go to school work a resteraunt job and 4 years later get a nice paying job. Dont be like me and be a college drop out, cause it will be a pain in the ass and youll end up working 75 hours a week to make a decent living :read:

Users who are viewing this thread