Votes: 121 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
impulsive1 said:
I-CAN-STANG: I think you have it backwards? All the way out would indicate less disk material, no?
I dunno! That's not what I was told....:shrug: If it's engaging all the way down at the floor board that could indicate either wear or just a bad cable adjustment!

jimh

Established Member
racerat said:
Today we put the stock cable back on.
The quadrant is on the middle hook.
Adusted to were there was some slack on the pedal, but not too much. The car shifted like crap. There would be a slight delay and then it would jerk into gear. So we loosened the cable. Now the car shifts fine but the pedal is flopping around again. There is no way I can drive the car like this. I guess tomorrow I'll try a different position on the quadrant.

My 99 GT has an FMS heavy duty clutch.
Stock cable, no adjuster. There is no play in the pedal and it catches right off the floor. The car shifts like a dream and that clutch has held up for 10K miles being abused at the track with 4.10's and a Procharger.
I want the Cobra to shift like the 99. Is it possible with this tranny?

Put a return spring on the clutch fork. That way it will always pull the pedal all the way up. No more bouncing pedal.

I wouldn't put the return spring on the pedal. If there is too much slack in the cable it might un-hook. Putting the spring on the fork keeps more tension on the cable without having the throwout bearing touch the pressure plate fingers.

jim

Last edited:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Almost all the way out! If it's engaging on the floor then it's getting close to that time! :pepper:

This is exactly what happened to my original stock clutch....it started catching way low and i could never slam the gears like before..i switched to the Spec 2/3 hybrid and had nothing but problems with it...i have another stock clutch and UPR extreme triple hook quadrant and a stock cable that is too stretched to do any worth while adjustments and serious shifting..i just ordered a adjustable cable so hopefully it will work well....The pedal thing looks like a cool piece though gonna try that too.

Jay

trey193

Established Member
I am still struggling with my stock cable and UPR 3 hook Quad with firewall adj. combo after installing my Centerforce Dual Puck Clutch. If I turn the adjuster clockwise to insure the clutch wont slip itself 2 things happen #1 is my clutch pedal flops around like a chicken with a broken neck and #2 my clutch engages right off the floor which isnt good for quick powershifts and overall shifting is worse. And if I turn the adjuster counterclockwise to much I get a clicking pulsation feel in the pedal when its full pushed in, so I am not sure whats best , never had this problem before I put in the Centerforce, with my stock clutch I had the cable on the middle hook of the quadrant now its on the 3rd hook, is that where all my problems are coming from????????

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
trey193 said:
I am still struggling with my stock cable and UPR 3 hook Quad with firewall adj. combo after installing my Centerforce Dual Puck Clutch. If I turn the adjuster clockwise to insure the clutch wont slip itself 2 things happen #1 is my clutch pedal flops around like a chicken with a broken neck and #2 my clutch engages right off the floor which isnt good for quick powershifts and overall shifting is worse. And if I turn the adjuster counterclockwise to much I get a clicking pulsation feel in the pedal when its full pushed in, so I am not sure whats best , never had this problem before I put in the Centerforce, with my stock clutch I had the cable on the middle hook of the quadrant now its on the 3rd hook, is that where all my problems are coming from????????

I have that same pedal vibration. Is your consistant? Or does it happen here and there?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Mine engages all most all the way out so I am positive it's all the way in gear when speed or powershifting. At first I had it engage really close to the floor (recommended in the instructions w/ my firewall adjuster and quadrant) but I kept missing gears, so I backed it off quite a bit. Never have problems hitting gears now. :rockon:

Brandon

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Mine will only pulsate when the car is in neutral and I push the pedal to the floor as soon as it gets to the floor it pushes the pedal and my foot up and down and the more I turn the adjuster to tighten the cable the more violent it gets, if I adjust it where the cable is loose and have alot of freeplay then there is no pulsation.

3 pound triger

Established Member
I had the cobra clutch and alum flywheel put in my mach and it was all the way out when i got it..I kinda got on it and It fell to 3/4 of the way to the floor..Ford put it in .I'm taking it in to get it checked out tomarrow.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
mine is kinda screwy it starts to grab about 2 inches off the floor but it releases enough to shift about 2 inches from the top.... :shrug:

wjfawb0

Established Member
My clutch is now starting to release near the floor. Shifting is much harder, especially when trying to do it fast. I am contemplating buying the MM aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster to see if that helps. I've got 55,000+ miles on the stock clutch.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Z-06_Killa said:
mine is kinda screwy it starts to grab about 2 inches off the floor but it releases enough to shift about 2 inches from the top.... :shrug:
i don't understand this post, can someone help a brotha out

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is possible for some of you that are engaging close to the floor that your cable may be stretched out a bit as well.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Mine lets off a c*nt hair off the floor!! I have the same problem shifting....once the clutch is hot and I'm in high rpms it just doesn't want to go into gear. I've got the UPR quadrant and firewall adjuster sitting on my dresser waiting to go on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread