Where do you touch your car door when you close it?

Where do you touch your car door to close it?

• Window

Votes: 26 11.4%
  • Door latch

Votes: 26 11.4%
  • Edge of door on the paint

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Rubber Trim

Votes: 132 57.9%
  • Top of door frame

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
This subject came up at a car show yesterday. My husband has drilled it in my brain to close my door by the top of the window so it keeps my fingers off the paint (yeah, black car!). I can't remember the last time I used the outer door latch. I saw a woman close the door on a 'vette by pushing on the door right below the window, on the paint. We yakked about it (nicely lol) and she insisted it was better to touch the paint than the window! :??::shrug: Where do you guys close your doors?

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Where ever i touch first besides the window. Not that important to me. I actually get frustrated if someone uses the window.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
my wife puts lotion on her hands daily and never waits for it to dry before she touches anything. her car, the house and her jewelry is all awash in lotion. it drives me crazy......

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
my wife puts lotion on her hands daily and never waits for it to dry before she touches anything. her car, the house and her jewelry is all awash in lotion. it drives me crazy......

Hilarious...kinda. Mine is the saaaame way. I wind up with this white residue everywhere that builds up. 2-days after I cleaned/extracted my interior, I find this white mess on my center console armrest already.

On the doors...

'04...gently on the edge of the rubber window trim, toward the rear of the door.

'09...the actual door handle itself seems to do well. Minimizes fingerprints on the actual paint and the window rubber trim isn't stiff enough to withstand being pushed on.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Yeah, I am wiping my fingerprints off every day and it's a pita. If the window is down, I do use the rubber stripping. Some good feedback here, thanks guys!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I touch the door/molding trim since that is where my hands land. I hate it when people touch the window, plus I think when you close it by window you might put more stress on the glass. Then again carry a quick detailer of any kind and keep a microfiber on deck.

Users who are viewing this thread