Where did you find your Mustang?

sdoo500

Established Member
Ok so previous 3v owner in search of a 2011+ GT. Have looked at just about every single car in the country for sale right now, just waiting for the right one. Got me to wondering where all you guys found your mustangs? Craigslist has been terrible to me lately especially if looking at anything from a dealer. Never used auto trader before but finding a lot of good cars and it's a very easy system to use. Always keep my eye on the market here as well. Where'd you find your current ride?

nickf2005

Established Member
Searched online for months. After a deal fell through I gave up and went to my local dealer. In 20 minutes they had found the car I wanted at another dealer 200 miles away. They sent their driver after it and I had it 2 days after walking in their front door.

Blackoyote

Established Member
After months of searching on Autotrader, CL, the Market on here, and multiple deals falling though...I found my current car on eBay down in West Palm Beach.

TK Doom

Established Member
Coupe: Dealer showroom floor

Vert: Galpin Ford up in Los Angeles...it was used with only 2k miles.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
The Wife's '99 GT was a demo, at a local dealer, had 4K miles on it, classified one owner, since I was the first to title it.
I ordered the Cobra on Job 1 day, May 1, 2002.

-Brian

cj428mach

Established Member
Bought a Ranger off autotrader

My old 150 FX4 I traded a guy on craiglist my Ranger + cash for

My old SB cobra I purchased off SVTP

My current cobra I bought off craigslist. I was literally searching everywhere for the perfect OW cobra. I finally found a search engine that searched craigslist nationwide. Imagine to my surprise it showed up in Manhattan KS craigslist only about 100 miles away from me. At first I thought it was Manhattan New York, once I saw it was so close and a one owner car I knew it was meant to be, lol.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Over the years, I've bought all my mustangs new from the dealer, except the R. I got that used from Michigan in 2001 with 1500 miles.

Zemedici

Established Member
took my old dealership's GM the craigslist ad, sat down, slid it across the table.

Said 'call this guy, buy this car for this, mark it up whatever, i sign paperwork, we're done. I've already checked out the car, i want it'

Next day the guy delivered the car. Had 3 guys walk in and try to buy it while it was sitting out front. Nope. Mine bitches.

Paid $1000 to the dealership, whambam.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
Saw on a car forum, drove to The Woodlands, TX and bought it that weekend. For something that new, a dealer would be your best bet. Check autotrader or some other site like that.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I found my Cobra on autotrader, it was at Myrtle Beach Chevrolet. The original owner traded it for a Vette.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
eBay. Took a year for me to find the right one. I almost talked myself into a few lesser ones, but held out for one that was one of my top color choices\one owner\low miles\full documentation, ect. Sounds like your doing it right - but you also need to check several forums almost daily.

IMO finding one on a forum like this is really the best way assuming the person has a reputation established on the site. It's like having a character background check on the person available. I researched the guy I was buying mine from and found him on a Mustang forum local to him. Post going back years showing him to be a good guy. That let me know who I was working with and the deal went great.

Last edited:

TK Doom

Established Member
took my old dealership's GM the craigslist ad, sat down, slid it across the table.

Said 'call this guy, buy this car for this, mark it up whatever, i sign paperwork, we're done. I've already checked out the car, i want it'

Next day the guy delivered the car. Had 3 guys walk in and try to buy it while it was sitting out front. Nope. Mine bitches.

Paid $1000 to the dealership, whambam.

What did that gain you? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread